PDA

View Full Version : Front headphone port volume issue

fish111
08-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Hi, I finally hooked up my front headphone and mic ports to my mobo today.

When i was testing it out, I just played some songs in WMP and I wanted to make sure that pluging in headphones correctly disabled my rear audio jack. Which it did, but when I plugged in the phones, the noise was ear shattering. Even when i put the master windows volume all the way down the phones were at a quite loud volume.

Even when i stopped the music i could hear static in the phones, kinda like speakers with too much wattage being put to them or something.

I dont see anywhere in control panel audio to reduce headphone volume specifically....... could my problem be caused by putting some pins incorrectly on my mobo's audio headers?

I did my best, but the names my mobo's manual had for each pin didnt exactly match the labels on the front audio connectors.

Helmore
08-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Yeah I have the same sort of problem, the manual of my mobo and that of my case use completely different names for all the connections. It's already hard enough to get those stupid pins in for once, but redoing it and testing everytime until it's done right wasn't worth it for me. So now I have only sound on my left ear if I'm right, but I don't use it so I don't care. For now I use the volume control that comes with my speakers, there is this headphone jack on it and it works great.

The case and mobo manufacturers should make some kind of standard for this, that you will only have to plug a single plug in your mobo (or soundcard) and you got sound on the front of the case.