PDA

View Full Version : Will Intel D975XBX "Bad Axe" do NV SLI

topboy
08-13-2006, 04:43 AM
As the title states

Building a new rig and wanted to know if this board will do Nvidia SLI with my 2 7900GTX cards:confused:

New Rig Specs

1 x Intel Core 2 DUO Extreme Edition X6800 "LGA775 Conroe" 2.93GHz :banana: :banana: :banana:
1 x Intel Extreme D975bx-304 975X (Socket 775) PCI-Express DDR2 Motherboard:banana: :banana: :banana:
1 Kit x OCZ 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-8000 Dual Channel Titanium Alpha XTC Series DDR2
2 x BFG 7900 GTX 512 meg PCI-e
2 WD Raptors 150 gig Raid 0
Tagan TG1100-U95 1100W ATX2.01 Turbojet Quad SLi Silent PSU

Also any recommendations on the above kit or if i should look at somthing else in the kit list.

Cheers

Topboy

topboy
08-13-2006, 05:25 AM
Bump

Anyone help with this please

DEVIL K-ce
08-13-2006, 05:27 AM
Why not with hacked driver's

topboy
08-13-2006, 05:40 AM
Hacked Drivers?

So are you saying that this board will NOT support Nvidia SLI without hacked drivers !!!

Im confused now.

Anyone care to comment

arrakys
08-13-2006, 05:44 AM
Hacked Drivers?

So are you saying that this board will NOT support Nvidia SLI without hacked drivers !!!

Im confused now.

Anyone care to comment

that's right :mad: things may change in the next weeks but for now no official support from intel chips. That s why you have ti use hacked drivers.

topboy
08-13-2006, 05:49 AM
Ok thanks for the advise.

Think i will wait for the Nvidia Chipset to hit the streets.

Supertim0r
08-13-2006, 06:50 AM
hacked drivers work perfectly for me

topboy
08-13-2006, 08:10 AM
where can i obtain thses hacked driver from so i can have a look

Cheers

vudoodoodoo
08-13-2006, 08:30 AM
Drivers section.

zdogjones
08-24-2006, 04:36 AM
I recently built a similar system and had some problems with the OCZ ram. I had purchased DD2 800 mhz RAM and the computer would not post with that ram. When I switched to corsair DDR2 @ 667 - posted no problem. So you might want to watch out for that.

As far as the SLI goes... Im working on that myself. The drivers worked fine - initial 3dmark tests scored the same as the drivers delivered with the card. The thing that you will find somewhat frustrating is that the SLI bridge is delivered with the motherboard not the cards. Seems stupid I know but I think that NVidia is trying to make sure that only SLI approved motherboards run SLI. So if you are hoping to drop your ~$2700 bucks, come home and put together an SLI system - you will need to find this part.

Which brings me to the next question for this group. If anyone has done SLI with the "bad axe" - where did you get your SLI bridge. I believe its the 1 1/2 inch one (4mm). Any recomendations? And are there any jumpers or bios settings that need to be done or is it all in the drivers?

Thanks for your help!

Z

millzee
08-24-2006, 05:01 AM
One point about that Tagan 1100w PSU. I have one and a Bad Axe rev 3.05 + E6300, After power down, you have to leave it for about 5 minutes before it will power back up. The fans and everything come on but no POST. I switched the PSU for a 600w Seasonic unit and everything is fine. The Tagan is also fine on a DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi DR Expert. On both boards I'm using a single X1900XTX

Scratch that, it was the DFI I was thinking of :(

choppa
08-24-2006, 05:33 AM
One point about that Tagan 1100w PSU. I have one and a Bad Axe rev 3.05 + E6300, After power down, you have to leave it for about 5 minutes before it will power back up. The fans and everything come on but no POST. I switched the PSU for a 600w Seasonic unit and everything is fine. The Tagan is also fine on a DFI Lanparty NF4 SLi DR Expert. On both boards I'm using a single X1900XTX

Scratch that, it was the DFI I was thinking of :(
Do you know why the Tagan does that on the DFI (assuming your edit means the problem is with the DFI not the Intel BX)?

DEVIL_DK
08-24-2006, 05:54 AM
that board work fine with sli and hack driveres.

DEVIL_DK
08-24-2006, 05:58 AM
I recently built a similar system and had some problems with the OCZ ram. I had purchased DD2 800 mhz RAM and the computer would not post with that ram. When I switched to corsair DDR2 @ 667 - posted no problem. So you might want to watch out for that.

As far as the SLI goes... Im working on that myself. The drivers worked fine - initial 3dmark tests scored the same as the drivers delivered with the card. The thing that you will find somewhat frustrating is that the SLI bridge is delivered with the motherboard not the cards. Seems stupid I know but I think that NVidia is trying to make sure that only SLI approved motherboards run SLI. So if you are hoping to drop your ~$2700 bucks, come home and put together an SLI system - you will need to find this part.

Which brings me to the next question for this group. If anyone has done SLI with the "bad axe" - where did you get your SLI bridge. I believe its the 1 1/2 inch one (4mm). Any recomendations? And are there any jumpers or bios settings that need to be done or is it all in the drivers?

Thanks for your help!

Z

i used af sli brigde from asus it fit all boards .

the bad axe have no jumper og bios setup for sli its all in the driver.

you can do sli witout sli brigde it vil run a bit slower

zdogjones
08-24-2006, 06:12 AM
I didnt think there were any jumpers or bios...

Did you use an ASUS flexible type? All the ASUS ones I saw said they were 3in (8mm) because they span 2 expansion slots. I measured mine last night and its 1.5in (4mm) and only spans 1 slot.

I just talked to a local spot and told them my problem. They had an extra one laying around so tonight when I get off work Im going to go by and pick it up.

How much slower does it run without the bridge? The intel board will only run at 8x x 2 not 16x x 2 but how much slower is it going to run without the bridge?

Thanks for the insight!

Z

ElMoIsEviL
08-24-2006, 06:18 AM

Thanks for your help!

Z

Works fine here with 4GB of OCZ PC2 6400 rev 2 Spec ops memory.

Are you running an Asus P5W-DH Deluxe?

zdogjones
08-24-2006, 06:29 AM
No... Intel D975XBX... I had heard that OCZ works fine with ASUS but is a little tempermental with other boards.

The mem I have is decent enough and even at stock voltage it will run at 720mhz. I bumped it a little (+0.1) and I am certain that if I bump it more I can get that mem to run no problem at 900+

ElMoIsEviL
08-24-2006, 06:36 AM
No... Intel D975XBX... I had heard that OCZ works fine with ASUS but is a little tempermental with other boards.

The mem I have is decent enough and even at stock voltage it will run at 720mhz. I bumped it a little (+0.1) and I am certain that if I bump it more I can get that mem to run no problem at 900+

The tests I've seen show that most PC2 6400 DDR sticks from the TOP manufacturers (OCZ, Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin) can reach 1000MHz... which is impressive.

I think I might attempt using a Multiplier of 9 and running my memory over 400MHz to see if it will work. I'm just not too fond of adding too much heat to my loop by raising the VCore beyond it's default setting. I was running my 4800+ at over 1.55v and it caused it to put out over 150W of heat... way too much for my liking as it would heat up my room.

millzee
08-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Do you know why the Tagan does that on the DFI (assuming your edit means the problem is with the DFI not the Intel BX)?

Your assumption is correct and I'm sorry but I have no idea why.