PDA

View Full Version : MJ-12 Horse race Over for me

DAK1640
08-09-2006, 11:12 AM
%#$&%% Comcast just threatened me on bandwidth usage...

Does Dimes use much bandwidth?

I need to find a new project...

hixie
08-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Dimes usage compared to MJ-12 is nothing

[XC]melymel
08-09-2006, 11:15 AM
%#$&%% Comcast just threatened me on bandwidth usage...

Does Dimes use much bandwidth?

I need to find a new project...

Damn that's a real shame DAK, coinsidently rougeagent also has recently had the same problem with them he has another thread about it. Maybe they're doing a crack down on it.? :shrug:

If your looking for a new project Red Library is a candidate it's similar to DIMES except uses less bandwidth per client and you don't need vm's we also need a lot of help in it we're currently 3rd in the dailies and 4th over all. :toast:

[cTx]Philosophy
08-09-2006, 11:17 AM
Man I hope comcast doesnt come at me for 12 running..
I have slowed down this week but I plan to launch a full on assault next week prob over the weekend..
Well see what happens then

psyconut713
08-09-2006, 11:18 AM
how much bandwith is comcast limiting you to, and how much does MJ-12 use?

[XC] moddolicous
08-09-2006, 11:29 AM
DAK, one word: REDLIBRARY! We could potentially get #1 in the MISC projects in the dc-vault. Can they legally do that?? Like, did they set limits??

DAK1640
08-09-2006, 04:19 PM
They claim that I used over 1 TByte in 1 month...They would NOT disclose a limit though. They said I was in the top 1% of all users with Residential usage. They also said that 500GB was who they normally targeted. If I didn't stop ASAP they would shut off my service???

Red Library...OK, I'll help...Point me to a link, help me set up my farm, I have horsepower...

P.S. Will Red Library affect my Rosetta output?

Teratism
08-09-2006, 05:21 PM
The sticky at the top of the DC forums
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=108513

Red Library mostly uses bandwith from what I read. I don't think there will be a visible difference.

[XC]melymel
08-10-2006, 02:04 AM
They claim that I used over 1 TByte in 1 month...They would NOT disclose a limit though. They said I was in the top 1% of all users with Residential usage. They also said that 500GB was who they normally targeted. If I didn't stop ASAP they would shut off my service???

Red Library...OK, I'll help...Point me to a link, help me set up my farm, I have horsepower...

P.S. Will Red Library affect my Rosetta output?

:rofl: congrats on being in the top 1% , quite an achievment DAK :clap:

As terratism said there is the Red Lib sticky at the top of the section and providing you leave enough ram free for rosetta wu's it will not harm rosetta. It only leaches bandwidth and ram and virtual mem. We really need some help in that if you can DAK. :toast:

[XC] moddolicous
08-10-2006, 06:26 AM
Dak, you live in a pretty busy town (chicago). I wouldnt be surprised if Fios is lurking around (although, I said that about denver also).

rogueagent6
08-10-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah Comcrap did the same to me, said they only guarantee access to their network, not the ammount you get. :rolleyes:

Ghey... Especially since I pay for 8MB down. :slapass: