PDA

View Full Version : Hello all. Choices & Help

Teratism
08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
I am needing a bit of help deciding the on these projects and how many (listed alphabetically):
Dimes
Majestic-12
Red Library
Seventeen Or Bust

I tried out for rosetta but my machine kept dying on me from overheating. The info is in the "Rosetta is harsh, any other suggestions?" Thread on the rosetta board.

Basically I am asking for a project to help on and join a team that isn't as cpu dependant as rosetta is, and help on deciding between having only one running or more of them, and how to set them up. If you have any other projects you would like to recommend go for it.

Computer: Very old gateway.
Videocard: xfx geforce 5200 agp 8x running 4x
Processor: Pentium 4 2.53ghz northwood
Mainbord: Intel Cannonville D845PECE
Memory: ddr sdram Micron Tech 2X256166&133Mhz
Soundcard: Creative Audigy 1,Gateway desktop speakers
PSU: 350 Watt something
2 hard drives, one 80gig and one 180 gig
3 mbit dsl connection (uncapped)

PFOUR
08-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Seventeen or bust seems to go very well on P4's
I've just put mine on it, It's much more rewarding than Rosetta on a P4.

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 08:30 AM
I would definitely go for Red Library. It isn't CPU dependent at all. I think I already posted in your other thread about this haha. But seriously we are 4th right now and with more help might be able to get up further. Check out the thread about it in the DC Vault section. You can also ask me if you have any questions!

Teratism
08-09-2006, 08:53 AM
Sure I will try out red library, any others? On a side note I am still waiting for the password, how long does it usually take?

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Was instant for me. Though I have heard from others that it wasn't.

Teratism
08-09-2006, 09:16 AM
I signed up about a half an hour to fortyfive minutes ago and nothing, maybe it is because I used a gmail account?

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 09:28 AM
I signed up about a half an hour to fortyfive minutes ago and nothing, maybe it is because I used a gmail account?

That's what I used. I'll try with another email address to see if it is just taking longer than it did when I signed up about a week and a half ago.

[XC]melymel
08-09-2006, 09:32 AM
Have you checked your junk mail? I always recieve the emails from them instantly but it goes straight into junk. Check out the Red Library thread stickied at the top of this section for more tips and i'm glad your helping us as we need all the power we can get in this one. :toast:

Teratism
08-09-2006, 09:38 AM
Yeah, I have checked spam/junk mail, I have no filters on that sort of thing. Still no email. I have been reading it and hope to get it up and running soon, if they would just give me a password. I made sure it was the right email and even tried the lost password option to get it emailed again. Nothing.

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 09:39 AM
Have you checked your junk mail? I always recieve the emails from them instantly but it goes straight into junk. Check out the Red Library thread stickied at the top of this section for more tips and i'm glad your helping us as we need all the power we can get in this one. :toast:

Oops forgot to tell you to check that too. Although mine didn't go into my junkmail folder and I was using gmail as well.

Teratism
08-09-2006, 10:03 AM
I have tried 3 different emails and still nothing. 2 gmail and 1 hotmail.

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 12:44 PM
Dang. I guess I don't know what else to try besides waiting. The Red Library site can be pretty flaky from what I've seen lately. Hopefully you can get through soon. We'd love to have your help!

Teratism
08-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I would love to help. In the meantime while I wait on the password any other projects that could use some help?

mcflurry4321
08-09-2006, 09:58 PM
Probably Majestic 12. That's bandwidth as well. Otherwise put it on Seventeen or Bust. That project loves P4's.

Teratism
08-10-2006, 08:35 AM
I have joined the XS team on Majestic-12 (I think). Still no red-library email. I am looking into SOB.
I am running opendns with all options clicked off. I am still getting some very high errors, any clues to why?