PDA

View Full Version : What's up with the SLOOOW load times this morning?

BrainStorm
03-22-2003, 08:04 AM
I thought the move to the new server was to speed things up. Things are loading slower than ever for me right now. Seems worst on the main forum page, but efects everything. I know it's not my connection, because other sites load just as quickly as usual. :confused:

Nohto
03-22-2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah it is creeping along for me also. It takes about 20+ seconds to open a page and I have a T1 connection.

Jeff
03-22-2003, 04:59 PM
It's the banner ad. at the top of the page. If you use Opera as a browser or if you use WebWasher to stop the ad from loading, the page is very quick.

Nohto
03-22-2003, 05:06 PM
If it's the banner ad then why is it slow when loading pages after the banner ad? For instance if I backspace out of this post to the search results from "Search for new Posts". There is no ad on that page. Does it still effect this? Do you have a link to Webwasher?

Jeff
03-22-2003, 05:26 PM
Sure... it's http://www.webwasher.com . ;)

Opera 7.03 is flying through these pages. It's actually taking a while to load the entire page, but Opera is smart enough to display text even when all the graphics haven't loaded. :D

Nohto
03-22-2003, 05:30 PM
I have used Opera once or twice, but I am so busy lately I barely have the time to play with my OC PCs better yet figure out a new browser. I guess I'll just have to sacrafice somewhere.

Jeff
03-22-2003, 06:02 PM
Looks like something took care of itself because the site is back to being quick. :thumbsup: ;)

Nohto
03-22-2003, 07:22 PM
Yeah it's cruising right along. Wonder what the problem was? Oh well, don't fix it if it ain't broke!!!!

BrainStorm
03-22-2003, 09:43 PM
I don't know that I would say it's fixed yet. Still seems slow to me right now. :(

Nohto
03-22-2003, 11:42 PM
Yep, it's back to creaping along again. I wonder what the problem is? It seems so far that is slows down during peak hours. I hope this is just a coincidence!!

Charles Wirth
03-23-2003, 12:06 AM
Even the server loads the pages slow, I will reboot it and see if that helps. Might need some weeding of more banner ads.

Nohto
03-23-2003, 12:09 AM
If you just rebooted it that definately seems to help. It's flying right now. Pages open fully in about 1 sec.

JBELL
03-23-2003, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Jeff
It's the banner ad. at the top of the page. If you use Opera as a browser or if you use WebWasher to stop the ad from loading, the page is very quick.

what banner ad?? its been gone for almost a week

Jeff
03-24-2003, 03:36 AM
Ops... didn't notice that. It was a banner ad that was staling so I just assumed it to be that one. I never even noticed the banner ad at the bottom of the page before. ;)

BTW, it seems to be working fine now.

JBELL
03-24-2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Jeff
Ops... didn't notice that. It was a banner ad that was staling so I just assumed it to be that one. I never even noticed the banner ad at the bottom of the page before. ;)

BTW, it seems to be working fine now.

Another hack done - banner GONE!

Marci
03-25-2003, 02:51 AM
It does slow down every now and again, but guessing that's down to sheer numbers of hits on the forum at any one time... I've noticed in particular then when you US boys get outta bed it slows down a big chunk for me, but when you lot are asleep it flies...

BrainStorm
03-25-2003, 05:52 AM
Originally posted by Marci
It does slow down every now and again, but guessing that's down to sheer numbers of hits on the forum at any one time... I've noticed in particular then when you US boys get outta bed it slows down a big chunk for me, but when you lot are asleep it flies...

Lately? I haven't seen more than 20 people on the forums at one time since the problems began. Hope it picks up now that everything finally seems to be working. :)

EDIT: Sheesh, did I speak to soon about everything working? Now www.xtremesystems.org isn't working again.

CCW
03-25-2003, 08:11 AM
DNS still not caught up?

Craig