PDA

View Full Version : 3x226W Peltiers in 1 system

KS1
03-22-2003, 04:22 AM
As per this thread (cooled water with peltier): http://65.160.22.36/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10830 , I added 1 more peltier to CPU.

CPU loop: Reservior+Pump-->cold block-->Peltier+CPU-->Senfu radiator -->reservior+pump

Cooled water loop: Reservior+Pump-->car radiator -->2xPeltiers-->reservior+pump

CPU temp is lowered 4-5C more (at about 1.6-1.85V Vcore).

Again, Senfu radiator is a flow-restricted model with 8mm tube. But I installed 120mm 130CFM fan to it.

One thing I notice is that a 226W Peltier seems not capable of cooling 2100+ at > 2.0V. I think I found the problem. I use 2x250W PSUs to power CPU Peltier. The +12V output is only +10V. I think 2x250W ATX PSU is not good enough
- At 1.90V, CPU temp (in-socket thermistor) is about 21C full load, m/b temp 19C, ambient 18C, water temp 20C for each loop (same temp!)
- At 2.0V+, CPU temp was about 25-29C full load.
Or should I tweak my setup more?

KnightElite
03-22-2003, 07:36 AM
Pretty cool. Pun intended ;).

KS1
03-22-2003, 07:52 AM
2 more 40W 30mm Peltiers are on the way to cool NB and SB of 8RDA+

After +12V line mod (I put together 3x +12V lines to power a Peltier), the volt looks better +11V. CPU temp is getting better too.

Cooled water temp = 20.3C
Warm water temp = 22.9C
Ambient temp = 20C
CPU Temp = 19C idle (2100+@2406MHz@1.90V), loaded 25C
M/B Temp = 21C

http://home.wanadoo.nl/krairach/krairach/peltier&2PSU.JPG

KS1
03-23-2003, 05:00 AM
I am wondering if this setup is better than just a single Peltier-CPU loop with a car-radiator. I will check it out later.

CPU temp was about 4-5C lower than without a peltier on the CPU

Lunatic
04-05-2003, 05:55 AM
are you gonna h2o cool sb? you are the first one i have seen doing that. I think its overkill.

Luna:)

KS1
04-05-2003, 08:29 AM
now,
NB and SB are cooled by 2x40W Peltiers + water cooled.
NB and sB temp are below 0C.
A 40W peltier is overkill for this task. But I could not find any lower watt peltier.

dykz34
04-05-2003, 09:43 AM
Sweet! Got anymore pics of your setup?

KS1
04-05-2003, 10:54 AM
This is Peltier cooling on NB and SB.
http://home.wanadoo.nl/krairach/krairach/nb_peltier1.JPG

Stan
05-04-2003, 05:26 AM
alright....your goal is now 4th pelt....pelt the vga
LOL......jk dude

omfg....3 pelts......and i thought two was hardcore...lol

Dirty_Punk
06-03-2003, 12:08 AM
have you ever seen this?

http://www.pctuner.net/asp/Articoli/Articolo.asp?ID=202

:eek:

Pimpsho
06-05-2003, 08:21 AM
omfg those guys are seriosly insane!!! i wish i could read what they were saying so i could understand what the hell was going on with that cpu cooler!

Dirty_Punk
06-05-2003, 08:33 AM
i don't know the power of a prometeia and i know that the two systems (E.S.T.A.S.Y. and prommy) are completly different, but can a prometeia handle this

2938 Mhz at 2,0V with cpu a -16,5 °C when windows boot

hipro5
06-17-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Dirty_Punk
i don't know the power of a prometeia and i know that the two systems (E.S.T.A.S.Y. and prommy) are completly different, but can a prometeia handle this

2938 Mhz at 2,0V with cpu a -16,5 °C when windows boot

A Modded Prommie , EASYLY CAN handle this and it weights about 30kgrs NOT 500 kgrs......You can move it us well..... ;) :D

Dirty_Punk
06-19-2003, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by hipro5
A Modded Prommie , EASYLY CAN handle this and it weights about 30kgrs NOT 500 kgrs......You can move it us well..... ;) :D

yes, prommy is easyer to use, but it isn't funny at all...

prommy is like a very good toy... plug & clock
E.S.T.A.S.I. is an experiment, very hard to handle but very good to play with...

with prommy you are interested only in clocks
with ESTASI you are interested in both, how to optimize your system and in clocks, so it's 10 times better an overclock so EXTREME than an overclock very very easy that all the people can do it.

prommy makes EXTERME becomes to much easy and it's for all, and this isn't so interesting by my point of view...

howether prommy for me it's a dream, but i think that 1 or 2 or more prommy can't make me an extreme clockers, indipendent of what results in 3dmark or what results in overclocks i could do with them...

simply prommy isn't extreme, it isn't dangerous for hardware so there is nothing of extreme in it..

an home made wb with a tec is more extreme than a prommy

hipro5
06-19-2003, 03:21 AM
with prommy you are interested only in clocks
with ESTASI you are interested in both, how to optimize your system and in clocks, so it's 10 times better an overclock so EXTREME than an overclock very very easy that all the people can do it.

There are a LOT of people out there with Prommies.......HOW MANY of them have EXTREME Overclocks???......You can almost count them in your two hands fingures.......It's NOT as easy as you say to EXTREME Overcklock with a Prommie......Buying a Prommie , you're NOT an extreme overclocker......You MUST be an extreme overclocker to buy a Prommie so as to help you..... ;)

Buying a Prommie nowdays it's easy......EXTREME overclocking with the Prommie is HARD...... ;)

Dirty_Punk
06-19-2003, 04:12 AM
[B]Buying a Prommie nowdays it's easy......EXTREME overclocking with the Prommie is HARD...... ;)

the cooling is the difference i think

extereme overclockers you say.... the most of the people that you call extreme overclockers try at least 20-30 cpu before find the right one, and in most (don't know if in all cases but in most cases) cases they can do it gratis....

so:
buy a prommy
find a good cpu + a good videocard
find a not limiting mobo
find good ram

and you can be an extreme overclockers... :rolleyes:

i think that people with self build cooling (like OPP with Swiftech MCW462-T on gpu, or macci with self built phase-change or probably the most estreme bowman with his incredible cooling systems!!! and many others) or with modifyed cooling can be named as extreme, not a newbie that buy a prommy and probably works in an hardware shop and can try 10 cpu at day...

so for me it's not the overclock that makes you EXTREME, but how you have done it :cool:

solvet
06-21-2003, 05:41 AM
Well said Dirty...
My overclock is an example....
Prommy is really fantastic and I'll buy it sure, at least for an experience...but
it's too easy also for my point of view...
Bye

hipro5
06-21-2003, 06:32 AM
Well said Dirty_Punk , BUT tell me.......Do you know a lot of people that can "pick" a good CPU among others????......We "play" and some times we win and some other times we lose......That's the way goes..... ;)

IF (for ex.) I was working in a computer store that builds computers,I whould have been VERY happy you know......Some ppl are lucky indeed..... ;)

To reach "Extreme" O/C you must do EVERYTHING posible to do so.....NOT only buy a Prommie and that's it.....or pelts ..... You must start by modding EVERYTHING on your rig ... Mobo,PSU,VGA,Windows,and not only...... ;)

Jeff
06-21-2003, 06:43 AM
so for me it's not the overclock that makes you EXTREME, but how you have done it :cool:

It's all about style. I've been impressed with some people's water, and even air, cooling around here. If you leave things stock(even when overclocking), that's not really extreme... it's more you actually knowing how to use your gear(which beleive it or not I consider an accomplishment).

Being Xtreme is similar to being a Hacker IMO. You basically understand how something works and then you change it to fit your needs. You may not know 100% what does what, but you aren't affraid to do a little tinkering. ;)

Dirty_Punk
06-21-2003, 06:58 AM
[B]To reach "Extreme" O/C you must do EVERYTHING posible to do so.....NOT only buy a Prommie and that's it.....or pelts ..... You must start by modding EVERYTHING on your rig ... Mobo,PSU,VGA,Windows,and not only...... ;)

and you are great for modding!

unfortunately i don't know much of electronic, so i must use the mod that you all find..

howether don't say that OPP & macci (& other) haven't the possibility to try a lot of hardware gratis...
they both are very great overclockers (probably the best) & very EXTREME, but they are also helped by this possibility

i think that there is some clockers in this forum that can make results like the great clockers, also using extreme hardware, but i think that they are limited by the fact that they can't try so much hardware...

so it isn't the incredible overclock that shock me, but the cooling systems & the mod maked to reach a good overclock :cool:

arte
06-24-2003, 12:54 AM
KS1:

If u have a pelt on the CPU and 4 pelts cooling the water i guess u would easily get better performance than a vappo or promme.

...but i wouldnt pay the bill every month.