PDA

View Full Version : Won't be coming back to MJ12.

rogueagent6
08-08-2006, 06:56 PM
Comcast says that if my usage is anything like it was last month, 800+ Gigs, they will discontinue my service. :rolleyes:

But my director set up Comcast's call-center, so I'll talk to him and see if he knows someone who can get me exempted from that policy.

fing comcast :rolleyes:

[XC] moddolicous
08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
wow, that sucks. No other big-name ISP's?? Denver is a BIG city. I'd be surprised if Fios wasnt already installed there.

rogueagent6
08-08-2006, 07:14 PM
I JUST checked, doesn't look like Verizon will EVER be here, this is from fiberexperts.com

Fios is currently not available for the state of Colorado. Since Colorado is not within the coverage of Verizon's territory, FiOS will most likely not reach the state of Colorado anytime in the near future. Hopefully, other internet service providers in your state will provide access to fiber optic internet connection services in the future. Since Verizon is the first to offer fiber optic internet connectivity to residential consumers, it is still new. As dark fiber (inactive fiber) networks are continually being aquire by local ISP providers, soon fiber optic internet will become a standard. Lower speeds such as DSL and Cable internet will be phased out, while fiber optic internet connections will become active across the entire nation. Although Verizon FiOS is consistently expanding to other states, Verizon FiOS may never reach Colorado. However, there are currently many other high speed internet service providers to choose from in Colorado.

Unless Qwerst or comcrap go under sometime soon, which I don't forsee, I will have to move to get a decent ISP. :rolleyes:

[XC] moddolicous
08-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Thats too bad. Maybe this will work:
http://speakeasy.net/home/onelink/
or, I you want to get serious:
http://speakeasy.net/business/t1/

[XC] DragonOrta
08-08-2006, 07:23 PM
I sure hope that I don't get a call from them sometime saying that I have to keep my usage down. But if they do, I plan on moving sometime within the next month, so it won't be that big of a deal.

And I promise that I won't disappear after I move. :p:

Haltech
08-08-2006, 07:55 PM
Well verizon hasnt said a word to me.. Ive downloaded of 1100TB's since i got FIOS and Uploaded over 800TB's :clap:

[cTx]Philosophy
08-08-2006, 11:50 PM
Ouch that hurts
dont feel bad though, I cant seem to get this network worked out for me at all, begining to think new router is only way ima get a decent daily..

[XC] riptide
08-09-2006, 06:09 AM
Well verizon hasnt said a word to me.. Ive downloaded of 1100TB's since i got FIOS and Uploaded over 800TB's :clap:
Ya but you're Beta remember? ;) :D

EDit: Just stopped to think of those numbers for a second. Man thats serious stuff!. I'd say the connections around your town are on fire!

rogueagent6
08-09-2006, 06:16 AM
Might just have to try Speakeasy's DSL. Looks like I can get 6MB, I just wonder how much it costs.

Welllll... Speakeasy ain't going to work either, $105.95 for 6MB/768 and they don't want you pulling down over 20Gigs a month. :rolleyes: