PDA

View Full Version : Prommy Condensation?

WildKard
03-22-2003, 12:19 AM
I think im getting an extremely small ammount of condensation on the cooling head(the big black box that cools the cpu) in the screw holes

Ive read that outer shell is supposed to be WARM(which is was for the first 2 weeks) but its cold, and if i touch my fingers to the Allen Screws there is avery small ammount of wetness

What could be causing this? are the pipes just resting in an awkward position? there isnt enough to do any damage to anything and my temperatures are great but it still worries me

:stick:

Nohto
03-22-2003, 12:41 AM
You're suppose to cover the screws with seal string.

shaun3210
03-25-2003, 09:53 AM
Hi everyone I'm new to the forum's :)

How long are you leaving it turned off before removing the head???

The first couple of time's I stripped my Prommy down I had the same a drop or two of condensation on the cooling head near the screw holes, but nowhere else, I was getting really worried about it.
Then I realized where I was going wrong I was undoing the screws and taking the head off too quickly. So I leave it turned off for about 1/2 hour before I take the head off and haven't had a problem since. :)

TheDude
03-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Welcome shaun3210
I do the same when breaking mine down...no problems so far.:D

WildKard
03-25-2003, 09:19 PM
i mean the screwholes on the OUTSIDE o_0 i leave my system running 24/7

Mic
04-04-2003, 05:50 AM
from the manual..
quote "Finally press two small lumps, made up of Seal-string down over the screws, to seal them off properly and close the last possible entry to the Cell"