PDA

View Full Version : ek gpu blocks for ATI 1900's

Raja@ASUS
08-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Hi,

I just ordered a pair of these blocks, the question is baout the mastercard, what's the best way to cool the Crossfire compositing chip? If it's a heatsink, how can I attach it, as there are no holes???

regards
Raja

[XC]Atomicpineapple
08-08-2006, 08:46 AM
I just covered mine in RAMsinks. The chip doesnt seem to give out huge ammounts of heat.

Raja@ASUS
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
What's the best way to wire a loop if using 2 of these blocks for Crossfire, and a NB water block (intel mobo).

I am trying to work out how I wiil take the loop for one card to the other, or criss cross with the nb cooler in the middle. It'll be hard to bend the tubing as the cards will be pretty close to one another...

regards
Raja

creidiki
08-08-2006, 09:06 AM
Probably best off doing

GPU-> GPU1-> GPU2-> NB

or

CPU-> NB-> GPU1-> GPU2.

Whichever one yelds the shortest tubing run with least bends :)

Raja@ASUS
08-08-2006, 09:09 AM
Thanks,

CPU will be going over to phase, so I'll follow the rest of the suggestion. Will I have any problems bending the tubing between the barbs of the 2 cards? I guess the barbs on both cards should be facing each other so that the tubing just runs straight (mounted acetal side on one card and copper on the other..)

regards
Raja

creidiki
08-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Yup.

Not sure what your mobo looks like so I dunno if its easyer to have the NB before or after the cards, but if thats all you'll have in the loop i wouldnt worry too much about the last inch of tubing, just do what makes it easy to route :)

Raja@ASUS
08-08-2006, 09:27 AM
cool really excited about getting thse blocks, they look great, compared to the DD ones the price is fantatstic.

creidiki
08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Remember to check your contact well and note down how many turns it takes for each screw :)