PDA

View Full Version : Will this work?

Inkrepid
08-04-2006, 11:16 PM
I have a idea for a submerged rig...I want to make the case out of plexiglass, with 2 tubes going into it, one at the bottom connected to a aquarium bubbler, one at the top to circulate the air. The tubes would run through a small sealed box with a tec inside, to cool the air to very low temperatures. The air would then run up through the oil, cooling it while looking very cool. Would this setup work. I have a ugly ms paint diagram to give you a vague idea.

EDIT: forgot the air pump, but its in there too.

tictac
08-05-2006, 12:01 AM
how many watt the TEC got? 200w?

Inkrepid
08-06-2006, 05:27 PM
Well, Im not quite sure, whatever would be sufficient to keep the air flowing through the oil extremely cold. Assuming the tec was sufficient enough to ensure extremely cold air, would this design work?

Revv23
08-12-2006, 12:08 PM
why not use an air conditioner to cool the air? better yet, why not use a chiller to cool the liquid?

bubbles going through oil isnt going cool it that much, and cooling air with a tec is like trying to put out a fire with an eyedropper.

Oh, and welcome to xtremesystems!

Pete
08-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Why not get a chiller as has been said and the best deironised water you can by and submegr the thing? No HSF or wc block needed at all and go open core on etherything, cpu, nb, etc