PDA

View Full Version : Emergency! Raid Help!!!

ThePunkerGuy
03-16-2003, 12:44 PM
Ok, here is my problem. I have the Asus A7V266-E motherboard. It has the Fastrack ata100 "lite"raid adapter on it. I have 2 Western Digital 40gig hard drives on it setup on Raid 0. Normally when it boots up, the fastrack raid bios will have a little line of dots that go across the screen as it detects the raid array and then it will say what it found and it's status and continue booting.. well today when i turn it on, the raid bios has all the dots go acrossl like it is detecting the drives.. but when it reaces the end of the line, instead of telling me what it found and continue booting, it just gives me a flashing underscore and never does anything. I have had this happen before after i used a Western Digital diognostic boot floppy, but i would just turn off the computer and turn off the power supply, then turn it back on and it would be all fine. And what sucks about now.. is that i cannot even enter the fastrack raid bios while the drives are plugged in. I have tried new cables and power cords. I have take the drives and plugged them each into a regular ide connector and ran the Advanced western digital diagnosis program on them and they are both fine. So what the heck is going on? ANY IDEAS?? And yes, i have the most curren motherboard bios.
- Mike

s10010001s
04-11-2003, 01:04 PM
un hook the HDD's an boot the computer, when it comes up saying no array found or whatever, push "ctrl+F" to get into your RAID BIOS, (or whatever it is) It should tell you the array is setup and not operational. The hook the drive back up and try again.

Let me know what happens. You may need to flash the RAID BIOS. (This will kill your array)

This is the down side to running RAID0 ...... Failure.....

:toast:

CCW
04-16-2003, 04:29 AM
Especially as you are running WD drives....RAID 0 with two disks doubles the chance of failure as well as speed, id say with WD drives they muight as well be dead already! From the symptons you are saying, looks like your comp needs another drive :(