PDA

View Full Version : It7 users, usb mouse problems

Tweaked!
03-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Ok, I'm feeling like really stupid right now, I built this computer for a friend several months ago using this IT7 with a p4 1800. Well he brought it to me yesterday because he has been having a few minor issues (mainly user error, but I'm trying to work w/ him on this) but first error he tells me about was that he changed the sensitivity of his mouse and now it moves too fast for him, but he doesn't remember how he got to it to change it. So when I get it home, I plug it in and walla, no mouse at all. I've hit all the connect buttons, moved the usb connector to a seperate port, still nothing. (btw, the IT7 has no ps2 connectors, everything has to be usb. So he bought the logitech wireless keyboard/mouse combo) So my question is, How the hell do I get the mouse back??? When I press the little connect button on the bottom of the mouse, I see the lights flash in the sensor unit, but it still doesn't give me a mouse.
So once I can get this issue figured out, then I'm off to figure out what he's done to try adding extra serial ports to it. He wants to use some kind of little card reader that plugs into his satellite tv receiver. But he can't get it to recognize the ports, so he called Abit and they had him start off by flashing his bios. What are these people thinking??? Having someone do this that doesn't even know what a bios is... :upset:

Someone please help me figure this out, I need to get past this mouse issue just to get to his real problems.

Paradox
03-16-2003, 04:38 PM
First hit the button on the receiver, then the button on the bottom of the mouse. Play with it, eventually it will connect. If that doesnt work, try a wired combo to see if the usb works at all. If the usb ports dont work... RMA it. good luck ;)