PDA

View Full Version : XS Unite to get official SLI drivers for Intel

maverik-sg1
08-01-2006, 12:36 AM
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/nvidia.cfg/php/enduser/std_alp.php

Click on the tab ask a question:

Follow the instructions so that you can post a question then ask this question:

Due to the lack of immediate availablilty of any NF590 Core2 Duo motherbaords I purchased an Intel 975X chipset based motherboard to run my dual NVidia graphics cards in SLI.

I then find that your drivers do not allow SLI to run on this chipset.

I can't tell you how disappointed I am to find this to be the case, to make things worse, older drivers have been modified in the community to allow sli to run.

Now that I know SLI can run and successfully operate on this chipset but you choose not to activate it I am even more emotional about the whole situation.

So before I switch to ATI Radeon X1950XTX, please can you tell me when you will release an SLI driver for the Intel 975x chipset.

Many thanks.

The more people that do this the higher chance we have on Nvidia cracking under the pressure - so for those that want, join in the request direct to teh manufacturer.

United we stand my friends........ POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!!!!

Moonraker™
08-01-2006, 06:11 AM
OK, I'll support the moaning brummie.

I ain't buying nothing till the SFI 590 comes out anyway.

1) cos i want it
2) cos I won't have the cash till then anyway!

DEVIL_DK
08-01-2006, 06:14 AM
its don :)

[XC] moddolicous
08-01-2006, 08:46 AM
Did it

Shpoon
08-01-2006, 09:15 AM
Done :)

(even though I'm probably just gonna buy a 570/590 when it comes out :p)

psyconut713
08-01-2006, 09:21 AM
its in:D

Special_K
08-01-2006, 10:50 AM
OK, I'll support the moaning brummie.

lol =]

done

Baldrick
08-01-2006, 11:06 AM
Done :)

Anemone
08-01-2006, 12:45 PM
I did it. Not sure what mobo I'll get though probably a 6800 and the 590, but we'll see.

Even still, the mobo will come before the decision for or against SLI. If they want to sell me another card for SLI, they could insure that decision by making it possible irregardless of the chipset involved. It's the right thing to do. We know it works. They need to do it, pronto.

Second thing that is crazy is not at least having a 2D capable display on a 2nd monitor while running SLI on the primary.

But first things first. :)

maverik-sg1
08-01-2006, 01:17 PM
Great support so far guys, thanks to all, but lets not give up on this one :)

Burnmaster
08-01-2006, 01:29 PM
Ok Done

maverik-sg1
08-01-2006, 02:16 PM
bump! :)

[XC] DragonOrta
08-01-2006, 08:33 PM
Done. Has anyone recieved an e-mail response to their question?

selder
08-02-2006, 04:34 AM

it usually takes a couple of days ...

maverik-sg1
08-02-2006, 06:02 AM
There have been a few responses on other forums wher eI posted this request.

Most of them state that drivers are released regularly and when they're ready, they will be released.................. really??

Mav

Keep the pressure on though guys - we need these sooner rather than later :)

Shpoon
08-02-2006, 06:39 PM

Thank you for your email Mike,

We would need additional information to troubleshoot the issue you are experiencing. Could you please let us know the model number of the NVIDIA graphics card, the driver version and the operating system installed on your computer.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

Amazing. :rolleyes: Anyways they're releasing them soon anyways.

Moonraker™
08-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Are they having a laugh?

[XC] moddolicous
08-02-2006, 07:02 PM
maverik, you have pm.

Baldrick
08-03-2006, 07:51 AM

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care.

NVIDIA's policy is to release new Forceware display drivers every couple of months. These updates provide performance boosts, stability enhancements and innovative new features to our Geforce and Quadro family of GPU's. We do not set a specific release date for our future drivers as we prefer to release them as soon as they are finished, tested and ready for release. To be alerted by email when the next display driver is released, please sign up for the NVIDIA Newletter from the following URL:

http://lyris01.nvidia.com/NvRegister/frmLoginRegister.asp

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care. :rolleyes:

DEVIL_DK
08-03-2006, 08:00 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience. However, Intel 975X Chipset is not supported on SLI and we can not comment on the future release due to the competitive nature of this business. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

sounds like the answer i got from Martox some years ago regarding opengl drivers.
it will be on hp when it is redy.

BulldogPO
08-03-2006, 09:33 AM
Did it.

selder
08-03-2006, 01:43 PM

We are sorry, but currently there are no NVIDIA drivers, which support the Intel 975x chipset.

Please sign up for driver notification in order to be notified of future release software.

http://lyris01.nvidia.com/NvRegister/frmLoginRegister.asp

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

I can't stop thinking that they didn't even read the question!

selder
08-03-2006, 02:13 PM
Haha, I replied to Nvidia with

I don't have any interest to offend you, but ...

... can you please read my question again, or forward it to someone who knows what I'm talking about???

kind regards,

And I think that 1st line helldesker forwarded it to someone who knew a little bit more about the situation :)

Here is his/her reply:

Hello selder,

Due to the competitive nature of this business, we are not able to provide any information on rumors or future unannounced NVIDIA software. We can neither confirm nor deny if or when NVIDIA will release drivers that allow SLI on NON NVIDIA chipset's. Once new software and a Formal Press Release from the company has been officially announced, we would be glad to answer questions and provide information. Please note that since its introduction in 2004, SLI Technology is a exclusive function reserved for NVIDIA nForce MCPs only and is marketed and advertised as so.

http://www.slizone.com/object/slizone2_build.html

Best regards,
NVIDIA

don_vercetti
08-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Due to the competitive nature of this business, we are not able to provide any information on rumors or future unannounced NVIDIA software. We can neither confirm nor deny if or when NVIDIA will release drivers that allow SLI on NON NVIDIA chipset's. Once new software and a Formal Press Release from the company has been officially announced, we would be glad to answer questions and provide information. Please note that since its introduction in 2004, SLI Technology is a exclusive function reserved for NVIDIA nForce MCPs only and is marketed and advertised as so.
Didn't ULI chipsets use SLI for a while, until Nvidia bought them up?

Anyway, done.

TuKo
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Done too.

Moonraker™
08-09-2006, 11:21 AM
You know - all I keep getting now when i go to ask them a question is an internal error message.

Why is Customer support so Šhit these days?

TuKo
08-09-2006, 09:57 PM
Some news guys...

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. However, currently, the drivers for Intel 975x chipset are under testing and will be realized shortly in an undisclosed date. The delay is to make sure that we are realizing the best drivers for your motherboard.

Xtasy
08-09-2006, 11:45 PM
they wont give that driver ;)

outcast623
08-10-2006, 12:12 AM
I think that is starting to sound promising! i cant wait to see what nvidia is actualy going to do about it, i think there will be a catch in it somewhere:rolleyes:

Hutch
08-13-2006, 06:14 PM
sent 5 of them from 5 different email addresses

Moonraker™
08-13-2006, 06:31 PM
They'll have no choice soon. AMD & ATI together. It's just common sense for Intel / NVidia to align closer with each other. Now that their rivals have forged an alliance. It's all staying ahead in business. That's my thoughts now anyway.

don_vercetti
08-14-2006, 12:52 AM
They didn't even reply to mine, but they DID give me a customer feedback survey thing. I was rather critical of Nvidia Support.

Nightcreeper
08-16-2006, 06:42 AM
Has anyone heard of that law where printer companies can no longer void warranties when the End User uses a different brand of ink? Doesn't this fall under same category, NVidia is forcing EVERYONE to use their chipset when their chipset has NO effect the the use of SLI except in a driver. (Fair Use Act or Competition Act)

CBONE
08-17-2006, 06:48 AM
When I first saw the title for this thread I thought, " Who is XS Unite and why is he such a pimp!" :toast:

Then I clicked on it. :lol: :slap:

Stigma
08-21-2006, 04:58 PM
Its a really simple matter to have the driver hacked though isn't it? So I'd assume that until such a time that Nvidia may (or may not) release official driver support you'd only have to go as far as guru3d for your driver fix.

I hear older drivers work just fine, so it seems more like the newer drivers are purposely "locked" against working with intel rather than "not supported". I never thought that drivers for video cards had anything directly do to with the chipset anyway.

-Stigma

Fr3ak
08-23-2006, 02:59 AM
I read an article somewhere (trying to find the link again) that said that intel is working with nvidia to release a sli driver for intel mainboards soon.

lross78550
08-27-2006, 06:22 PM
ditto done
Lee

xlink
08-27-2006, 07:13 PM
I did it... kinda pointles in my opinion... won't change anything.

pauldovi
08-27-2006, 07:58 PM
Intel's Bearlake-X (985X) chipset will have 2 full 16x PCI Epress 2.0 (5Ghz vs 2.5Ghz PCI Express).

This would be the ideal chipset for Nvidia to release SLI on. However, I think it is Intel's miskate not to have 3 full lenght PCI Express slots, 2 for GPU and 1 for PPU.

Anemone
08-27-2006, 08:47 PM
Frankly if they can enable SLI on 16x and 4x in the mobile arena, they can enable SLI on 965 AND 975 chipsets with ease, let alone waiting for Bearlake x. They are ignoring a cash cow, which has to mean that someone is asking for a lot of cash for this to work. My guess is the bandit we all know, Intel.

:(

maverik-sg1
08-28-2006, 01:43 AM
It's not a pointless exercise, for if we have enough people showering them with this - it may jut dawn on them that it is a good idea.

Maybe Intel is holding Nvidia to ransome?

Of course what nvidia could do then is leak some unofficial drivers via the backdoor, or make the drivers more open (as in very easy to enable SLI on Intel Chipsets) to change than they currently are.

Thanks to all for continued support, lets keep the momentum going.

Mav

turbo
09-02-2006, 07:43 PM
Put in a complaint using this:
I'm aware of the current restrictions placed on using SLI technology with Intel chipsets at the software driver level. Please let the consumer choose which combination of hardware they use. If hardware is capable of flexible intregration of components it should be encouraged by the manufacturers. Consumers should be allowed to enjoy their investment however they wish without limitations being artificially forced on them. I understand that components may have engineering limitations on performance etc however Im led to beleive that is not the case with recent Intel chipsets and Nvidia hardware. Microsoft as you will know was found guilty of anticompetetive behaviour by forcing consumers to use Internet explorer when Windows was intalled. Please let me know if you will allow your software people to enable SLI technology for Intel chipsets in future driver releases?

outcast623
09-02-2006, 11:59 PM
ill try it, email sent:)

topboy
09-03-2006, 01:01 AM
The reason Nvidia are not releasing a SLI driver for the 975x now is a marketing thing.

They are waiting for the release of thier 590 chipset from motherboard makers. That would give them a stronger market lead. They are hopeing that we all switch over to a 590 based chipset MotherBoard to get SLI working.

Topboy

Kaap
09-03-2006, 08:21 AM
With ATI's recent coship with AMD, NVidia will and shall look to Intel more than ever. If NVidia wants to good marketing, they will allow SLI on Crossfire chipsets just so current Conroe users with NVidia cards can buy a 2nd card to run SLI instead of buying an Ati.

topboy
09-03-2006, 08:55 AM
With ATI's recent coship with AMD, NVidia will and shall look to Intel more than ever. If NVidia wants to good marketing, they will allow SLI on Crossfire chipsets just so current Conroe users with NVidia cards can buy a 2nd card to run SLI instead of buying an Ati.

Yes im sure they will, BUT they wont do this before they release thier own 590 chipset first.

I bet we see all the motherboard makers getting the 590 boards out first, then Nvidia realeasing some drivers for crossfire chipset and SLI

z3r0_pt
09-05-2006, 03:44 AM
done it :D

Shadoxity
09-05-2006, 02:42 PM
Done it...

Im amazed at nvidia's quick reply! good work NVIDIA on ur customer service :P

Bad work on your response :'(

Hello ****,
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care. SLI is an advanced PCI Express multi-GPU technology and one of the reasons it works so well is because we are able to maintain the SLI specifications so that we may provide the most reliable and fastest multi-GPU solutions on the market. We have received many emails from end users with similar requests. While we may expand our SLI technology to other chipset manufactures in the future, there are no such plans in the near future. There are users who have hacked the drivers and unfortunately, this has resulted in alot of support cases coming in with users running SLI on non-SLI certified technology.

Damn it!

opieum
09-05-2006, 03:37 PM
It may pay off to wait a bit after the 590 us released. If Nvidia does not release SLI for other chipsets in order to maintain their stranglehold, then it is not just about sending emails to nvidia it means spreading and educating people about what Nvidia is doing. They are locking down their hardware in software to be extra competitive. This screws the end user in that they have to spend more money on yet another Nvidia product.

Meaning if one has an Intel chipset and buys 2 nvidia video cards with SLI they will need to also get rid of the motherboard and get an nvidia based chipset now as well.

It is likely alot of people do not even know that SLI is possible on chipsets other than Nvidia. If this information were slashdotted (slashdot.org)and dugg (digg.com) There would be more people made aware of this and eventually this would spread to the point where Nvidia has to take action that is appropriate (meaning support non-nvidia chipsets as well) or risk losing a significant amount of a customer base. This would also spur ATI to do the same with Crossfire and as a result of consumer backlash force them into a standardization. This would be much better than the current limited setups we have now.

The trick is putting the word out there on other sites that have high readerships. Once it is slashdotted it is likely to be picked up by all other major tech sites. The caveat is that the consumer discontent must be the focus not the fact that SLI can indeed run on other chipsets. This is a known fact. The consumer discontent is what will make this successful not the technical details.

joshd
09-06-2006, 02:25 PM
done, even though it is currently none of my concern :p:

yea, that is true, but how to get it slashdotted?

opieum
09-06-2006, 03:56 PM
We just need to report it. I can do it if you want. I have reported a few things to them that usually have gotten posted. This will also bring exposure to XS and all the cool projects here. I will wait for a mod to ok it tho. If a mod says ok I will go ahead and do a write up. Think of it as viral marketing in reverse :P We all want to see a great product in use with no restrictions by the manufacturer that will limit it. Other companies do similar things. MS wont support Crossover cabled networks with ICS because they wont. But at least it is easily possible to still do. I think just enabling the feature will be enough for most since the hardware just works most of the time anyway. Also these type of "odd" configurations are usually done by power users and geeks.

joshd
09-08-2006, 09:08 AM
"

I understand from your email, that you want to know when the SLI driver for the Intel 975x chipset will be released.

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any further questions.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care."

Stock replies or what...

beast-usa
09-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I got no reply from 3 emails :(

I had my 7900's working fine on some hacked drivers.
The 7950's will let you enable TRI-SLI.

After the install any quad drivers.
It will disable SLI on a x975.
Go into device manager disable one of the 4 GPU's.
Restart and the option to enable SLI will be open.
Add any SLI bridge (it will work without one)
But TRI-SLI is still better then crosswired

blossa
09-18-2006, 11:17 AM
hmmm... It almost sounds like the driver is locking four nVidia GPUs on x975 just to be enoying.

pentium777
09-21-2006, 06:38 AM
We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your purchase. Although we have received many requests from customers to expand our NVIDIA SLI ecosystem to include non-NVIDIA chipsets, by keeping SLI technology under our :banana: control :slapass: , it allows us to maintain a level of stability and performance that results in the best multi-gpu experience for our customers. There have been hacks in the past for non-NVIDIA chipsets which enabled SLI however this lead to many unhappy customers who reported many stability issues with their system when running non-SLI certified components.

We are always exploring the possibility of expanding SLI support to other chipsets however there are no plans in the near future. As for the Creative Labs X-Fi issue, NVIDIA is still looking into resolving the crackling problem :fact: . We have been able to reproduce this issue on Intel chipset :nono: and ATI chipset motherboards. However we did make some improvements to our PCI latency that should improve high bandwidth PCI devices. Future motherboard BIOS's will have these changes.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care

webwilli
09-24-2006, 01:25 PM
done :D

webwilli
09-30-2006, 05:58 AM
the answer:

Sorry for the delayed response.

I understand from your email, that you want to know when NVIDIA will release an SLI driver for the Intel 975x chipset.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

blink hi
09-30-2006, 10:00 AM
"Due to the competitive nature of this business"

Well, they said it themselves... Write a reply saying that you're sorely disappointed in nVidia and that even though you originally liked their product, you'll be switching to ATI and saying many bad things about nVidia to everyone who got a 975 board for C2D.

The SLI market is just beginning to start up, which means it's mostly upper end users that spend the money for it. Being a small market, if we can somehow suggest that their policy is forcing people to shift market share away, then it might make those hard-headed businessmen realize they're hurting themselves. We just need enough people to say it to get someone's (who's more important than a customer service rep) attention.

Anemone
09-30-2006, 10:17 AM
Seriously, can't be all bad to switch to Crossfire if Nvidia won't answer the need. :)

beast-usa
10-02-2006, 08:49 AM
Seriously, can't be all bad to switch to Crossfire if Nvidia won't answer the need. :)

Have you tried crosswired? :slapass:

I tried X1900 & X1900XT in crosswired (it will clock to the slower card)
Your screen res will change everytime you play a game, restart your system, watch a movie.......anything video & Control panel RESETS YOUR DESK TOP RES:mad:

Not to mention no driver support, low bench marks, slow gaming.

I put my 7900GTX's back in until I can get some drivers for the 7950's

JokerCPoC
10-09-2006, 10:17 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience. However, Intel 975X Chipset is not supported on SLI and we can not comment on the future release due to the competitive nature of this business. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

sounds like the answer i got from Martox some years ago regarding opengl drivers.
it will be on hp when it is redy.

I got the same responce when I asked them this:

Recently you requested personal assistance from our on-line support center. Below is a summary of your request and our response.

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you within 72 hours.

Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

To update this question click on this link.

Subject
When will Nvidia unblock SLI on i975X chipsets? Rumor is that It will be enab...

Discussion Thread
Response (JR) 10/09/2006 04:28 AM
Hello Victor,

Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer Care and apologies for the delayed response.

I understand from your email, that you wanted to know when NVIDIA will unblock SLI on i975X chipset's. SLI will run only with SLI certified motherboards and the motherboards cannot be made to support SLI by updating drivers. Please note that since its introduction in 2004, SLI Technology is a exclusive function reserved for NVIDIA nForce MCPs only and is marketed and advertised as so.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

Intel really needs to buy them out and put Nvidia's intel chipset and video chipset driver policy in the grave. :shrug:

Vikodemous
10-09-2006, 10:25 AM
Done...

Complete
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
??? Done???

Complete
10-09-2006, 10:58 AM
??? Done???

BulldogPO
10-10-2006, 10:42 AM
???

beast-usa
10-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Intel really needs to buy them out and put Nvidia's intel chipset and video chipset driver policy in the grave.

amen :)

Well most of the new abit crosswired boards are shipping with an SLI bridge :woot:

Putting together a AW9-MAX crosswired came with SLI bridge.
Of course it will be uncertified SLI. :eek:
7900's in SLI but they hit 66k+ in 01 211k+ in AQ3 so I'm happy

n0head
10-11-2006, 12:08 AM
+1!

JokerCPoC
10-29-2006, 05:22 PM
amen :)

Well most of the new abit crosswired boards are shipping with an SLI bridge :woot:

Putting together a AW9-MAX crosswired came with SLI bridge.
Of course it will be uncertified SLI. :eek:
7900's in SLI but they hit 66k+ in 01 211k+ in AQ3 so I'm happy

I've got 2-i975x motherboards here and a 3rd on the way, 2-Abit AW9D-MAX and 1-Asus P5W DH Deluxe 1.03G(Has a C2Q in It) and one of those 3 will have SLI in It(support or not as I have two 7800GTX cards[a Leadtek and a Dell and except for the name & bios on each are a like]):D, I'll not get another underwhelming Nvidia motherboard if I can help It, I've never trusted Nvidias ide drivers and their recent Intel overclocking is nothin to brag about either, Of course what the 680 chipset will do in regards to overclocking, I don't know and I'll be reading a few 680 motherboard reviews before I buy a 680 chipset motherboard made by Nvidia anytime soon.:cool:

beast-usa
10-30-2006, 10:31 AM
I've got 2-i975x motherboards here and a 3rd on the way, 2-Abit AW9D-MAX and 1-Asus P5W DH Deluxe 1.03G(Has a C2Q in It) and one of those 3 will have SLI in It(support or not as I have two 7800GTX cards[a Leadtek and a Dell and except for the name & bios on each are a like]):D, I'll not get another underwhelming Nvidia motherboard if I can help It, I've never trusted Nvidias ide drivers and their recent Intel overclocking is nothin to brag about either, Of course what the 680 chipset will do in regards to overclocking, I don't know and I'll be reading a few 680 motherboard reviews before I buy a 680 chipset motherboard made by Nvidia anytime soon.:cool:

The P5W is a good clocker AQ3 214K+ on my 6800 @ 4270
The Aw9 is a better clocker more MCH voltage adjustments.
I was using the P5W with the 68 & the AW9 with my E66.
And I got the E66 to run just under the speed of my 68
with almost no vcore adjustment.
So I switched both systems to the AW9.

And tried the Asus PN32 x16 intel SLI NF590 6 X raid 0
Drive speed at 6 drives same or slower then my intel raid at 4 drives.
Over clocking just plain bad 3.6 un-stable @ 1.450v
(run my x68 on the Aw9 333X11 3663 vcore 1.37v mch 1.70v 24/7)
I liked the memory adjustment just type in the speed.
Set my Geil to 1100 NP but the X6800 just couldn't keep it stable. :slapass:

Seolfor
11-01-2006, 02:47 PM
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=19113

Rodzilla
11-02-2006, 06:02 PM
It's a money thing... Nvidia was trying to get Intel to pony up some cash for the driver support and Intel laughed.

I wonder how many ATI cards have been sold because Nvidia hasn't released an official 975x driver??? Retards I tell ya! :p

Nosfer@tu
11-04-2006, 02:25 AM
:banana::banana::banana::banana: em :)

Hope they loss the $ Just like in the share issues now :)

GO BROKE :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:s :p

JokerCPoC
11-04-2006, 08:57 PM
It's a money thing... Nvidia was trying to get Intel to pony up some cash for the driver support and Intel laughed.

I wonder how many ATI cards have been sold because Nvidia hasn't released an official 975x driver??? Retards I tell ya! :p

I think We can amend that to read "Greedy Retards";) :D

I still need some XP x64 Modded Nvidia SLi drivers, All the ones here are 32bit and My system is 64bit and I'm no programmer. Although with the right tools(I have no idea what they are) and the knowledge of where and what to mod, I guess I could do It as I have the systems mostly, I'm waiting on some cases from Newegg and a pair of cpus from an Intel retailer(When the cpus are ready for sale finally to the general public:slobber: ). :D

fullmetal
11-05-2006, 10:18 PM
i agree maverick....i need it too....so i can get a 2nd card

fullmetal
11-06-2006, 06:49 PM
i got the same as baldrick......i was like

Well guys, I am sorry, but you just lost an Nvidia fan, ATI is stronger and more wide spread upon intel chipsets..and many others to come if you dont help us with this dilema.

HEH....that should hurt em, or they might not care at all since their 8800GTX beat the x1950xtx in crossfire...

Rodzilla
11-06-2006, 06:51 PM
HEH....that should hurt em, or they might not care at all since their 8800GTX beat the x1950xtx in crossfire...
Yea but wait till ATI releases there next gen stuff...

onewingedangel
11-07-2006, 02:27 AM
the 8800gtx beating a crossfire setup is hardly suprising considering crossfire is rarely 20% better than a single card. Ati is working on improving crossfire efficiency, its an ongoing thing. The 8800gtx looks to be very good, but its not a leap forward in performance like the 6800ultra/x850xtpe were, no matter what some people say.

In regards to sli on intel chipsets, considering intels next gen chipsets will feature 2 x16 slots, and presumably crossfire support is up in the air, all signs would point to nvidia allowing sli. I'm sure intel and nvidia could come to some mutually beneficial arrangement.

fullmetal
11-07-2006, 01:36 PM
wait.....are you saying that my 975xbx doesnt have dual x16 slots....I have 3 pciespress slots. they are all supposed to be running at x16?

Robilar
11-07-2006, 03:59 PM
16x single card, other slots run at 8x electrical. IF you run two cards in sli, they will run at 8x8x

Seolfor
11-07-2006, 04:40 PM
16x single card, other slots run at 8x electrical. IF you run two cards in sli, they will run at 8x8x
The third slot is at 4x.

non-sli: 16x 8x 4x
sli: 8x 8x 4x

Tyberius
11-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Heres what really fricken irks me:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6674/sliwoodcrestsq9.jpg

Thats a Dell Precision 690, which is a dual woodcrest Xeon workstation using an INTEL 5000x greencreek chipset. INTEL CHIPSET being the operative there. They ship with dual Quadro FX 4500's which run SLi without a problem out of the box. WTF!!!

Does dell use some custom driver? Did they work out a deal with Nvidia?

I run a dual Xeon system using the same chipset, and dual 7900GTX's will NOT run SLi. It recognizes both cards, but the SLi section tells me I dont have a qualified motherboard. This really sucks that they make exceptions to big oems like Dell, but not to their single consumers.

Robilar
11-09-2006, 10:02 PM
Doesn't matter so much now that the 680i came out.

Tyberius
11-09-2006, 10:55 PM
Matters plenty to those using an intel chipset. In my case, there is no nvidia xeon chipset option.

nr2134
11-10-2006, 06:58 PM
Heres what really fricken irks me:

http://img477.imageshack.us/img477/6674/sliwoodcrestsq9.jpg

Thats a Dell Precision 690, which is a dual woodcrest Xeon workstation using an INTEL 5000x greencreek chipset. INTEL CHIPSET being the operative there. They ship with dual Quadro FX 4500's which run SLi without a problem out of the box. WTF!!!

Does dell use some custom driver? Did they work out a deal with Nvidia?

I run a dual Xeon system using the same chipset, and dual 7900GTX's will NOT run SLi. It recognizes both cards, but the SLi section tells me I dont have a qualified motherboard. This really sucks that they make exceptions to big oems like Dell, but not to their single consumers.

Im not surprised. I sure hell would not run an Nvidia chipped mobo for any of my workstations @ work and a lot of people feel the same. So Nvidia has no choice but to allow SLI for Quadro cards if they want to sell more of them. Im just really surprised that Intel has not pressured Nvidia more into enabling SLI on 975X boards. There is tons of those boards around and although not everyone would go dual GPU it would be a wise decision to allow SLI for those people just in case.
Especially the OEM customers that really cant or wont change motherboards, but might actually add a second GPU.

Lets face it. Not everyone will buy a 680i board.......Im sure not. Had a P5WD for 3 months and I just recently picked up a AW9D-Max and absolutely love it. I bring a lot of work home with me(SolidWorks,MasterCam, Etc.), game,encode video and music. Intel has not let me down even once on my overclocked C2D system.

Now Im not saying 680i is crap...its just not for me. If Nvidia driver quality and stabillity was on par with Intel's I would reconsider, but its not and only time will tell if it ever will be.

The worst thing is I have a dillema. I have 2 8800GTX's sitting on my desk to replace my X1900 crossfire setup with no drivers to support my 975X board.

What to do, what to do. Hope Nvidia changes its tune soon.

OT. Great forum and Im an idiot for not joining sooner.:D

BobTheDinosaur
11-16-2006, 12:59 AM
can anyone tell me where i can find these hacked drivers?

tried google, came up dry..:confused:

SafeFire
11-16-2006, 03:16 AM
Grrr, tried to throw in a question too. Some internal error acurred. I'll try again later.

@bob: I've got the drivers somewhere. I don't know if I'm allowed to post em again, but I if am I'll find some way of getting them to ya :)

ps. I'd like a reply on wether I can post em/pm them or not. Just so I don't get booted after being here a month :p:

BobTheDinosaur
11-16-2006, 03:35 AM
cool thanks
don't suppose you know where you got them from? or did you do them ureself?

erwinz
11-16-2006, 03:47 AM
ahh.. hope they realese the driver..

SKiLL3D
11-17-2006, 03:18 PM
SLi4aLL i shout!

i send another mail with other mailadress - altered text a little(from NF590 to NVIDIA, from 1950XTX to 1950XTX or R600 next month :D )

iLL

bluep3ace
11-17-2006, 07:53 PM
check these (http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&cs=&k=nvidia+690&qmp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd/1004&sort=K&snpsd=A&nf=&dt=&navla=&fm=&ss=&ira=False&cp1=-1&cp2=-1&si=&spf=&ssysid=&ssysn=&stag=&~srd=f&~ck=anav) dell drivers out...

maybe we can reverse engineer?

ND40oz
11-24-2006, 04:57 PM
check these (http://search.dell.com/results.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=gen&cat=sup&cs=&k=nvidia+690&qmp=12&p=1&subcat=dyd/1004&sort=K&snpsd=A&nf=&dt=&navla=&fm=&ss=&ira=False&cp1=-1&cp2=-1&si=&spf=&ssysid=&ssysn=&stag=&~srd=f&~ck=anav) dell drivers out...

maybe we can reverse engineer?

You shouldn't need dells drivers, I'm using the standard quadro 91.37s on that screen shot you got there. Problem is there aren't any 8800 based quadros to use their drivers for the latest cards.

supa-fly
02-02-2007, 03:35 PM
Done twice with two differnt email accounts:D

Nosfer@tu
02-02-2007, 04:28 PM
It is never going to happen :)

Lets just hope Intel kills of all Nvidia chipsets so SLI is only posible with AMD :p

bagurk
02-19-2007, 10:43 PM
hello all. First time poster.

I have been following these threads about SLI on intel chipsets. I am in the same boat as many of u, with a 975 board and the desire for SLI.

I followed the original posters steps to contact nvidia... this is the response i got....

I understand from your email, that you are looking for drivers supporting SLI for Intel 975x chipset.

I am sorry however at NVIDIA you will get the best compatible drivers for the chipsets manufactured by NVIDIA. As the latest chipset support is 680i SLI chipsets, so there isn't any chipset called 975 X with NVIDIA. So I request you to please contact Intel for this concern. I am sure they will help you in getting the drivers.

So i have followed their advice and contacted intel about the issue... Hopefully something comes of this.

Later.

serialk11r
02-20-2007, 10:26 AM

I have been following these threads about SLI on intel chipsets. I am in the same boat as many of u, with a 975 board and the desire for SLI.

I followed the original posters steps to contact nvidia... this is the response i got....

I understand from your email, that you are looking for drivers supporting SLI for Intel 975x chipset.

I am sorry however at NVIDIA you will get the best compatible drivers for the chipsets manufactured by NVIDIA. As the latest chipset support is 680i SLI chipsets, so there isn't any chipset called 975 X with NVIDIA. So I request you to please contact Intel for this concern. I am sure they will help you in getting the drivers.

So i have followed their advice and contacted intel about the issue... Hopefully something comes of this.

Later.
WTF??? Wow their customer care really cares about their customers.

beast-usa
03-04-2007, 01:29 PM

Later.

I was reading something from last year that said it was intel not nvidia.
That intel is choosing not to let nvidia release SLI drivers for their boards.

I just sent my 4 request off to nvidia......time to get better drivers or R600's

If it is really intel's fault time to switch who we hammer :slapass:

beast-usa
03-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Look what I got back this time :confused:

Hello Beast,

I understand from your email, that you would like to enable SLI when you use your Geforce 7950 graphics cards in SLI on a Intel 975X chipset motherboard.

Beast, in order to assist you better, I would require to know the following details. Could you please tell me ---

1. The driver version that you have currently installed for the graphics cards.

2.The version of Operating System that you are using on your computer.

I look forward to your mail in order to assist you better.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

knoxjeff
04-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I am trying to run SLI in Vista 64-bit with 975x chipset. nVidia told me to upgrade from 100.65 to 101.41, and then to send them information from DxDiag. They knew from my original question that I had a 975x chipset, but they never mentioned it in any of their replies.
Now this is what they told me in the end:

Thank you for allowing us to help you.

Jeff , the Geforce 6800 graphics card normally is able to run in SLI on Windows Vista with the [101.41] driver. I am surprised that yours does not and I believe that this is a bug that we do not know of. Hence I request you to report this . Please visit--

http://www.nvidia.com/object/vistaqualityassurance.html

On this link please click on "Report a bug with the NVIDIA graphics driver." to report the issue in detail.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care.

beast-usa
08-31-2007, 10:05 PM
I gave up....and got the Sapphire HD2900XT's DDR4 in Crossfire.

Great Cards! All the drivers work, no hacking to use my 975i!

Thanks nvidia!
If you had released the drivers I may have never tried the 2900'S :clap:

maverik-sg1
09-01-2007, 01:30 AM
I think that a better purchase would of been a 680i based motherboard and 2x 8800GTS 320MB units.

I think with the release of that board Nvidia did finally do something right as performance is equal to best 975 boards around.

beast-usa
09-02-2007, 05:39 AM
I think that a better purchase would of been a 680i based motherboard and 2x 8800GTS 320MB units.

I think with the release of that board Nvidia did finally do something right as performance is equal to best 975 boards around.

Your kidding right? The 680die board?
I tried EVGA, Abit, Asus ....... after 10 sets of memory.
Corsair, GeIL, OCZ, Crucial, Muskin & 4 board RMA's
....... I went back to Abit AW9D-Max 975i, faster raid anyway
on four drives, and it can handle 9 internal drives.

Do you look at benchmarks?
Not to mention...high numbers on my nvidia cards under phase cooling
look like...well poo. On the ATI cards 27K on 3D05 looks like watching
a HD DVD ....... no way to make the ATI cards drop quality for speed.

8800GTS's :rofl: how about 8800 GTX's SC or Ultra's?
Not that it matters if your a nvidia fanboy your mind will never
change. But the 2900's are way under rated for having all the
world records on futuremark. I really have loved nvidia cards
since the TI4800's but being stuck with their junk chipset just to
use their cards! If the X38 can do SLI or CF I may still stay with ATI,
not sure yet.

disruptfam
09-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttttttttt ttt

maverik-sg1
09-03-2007, 01:22 AM
Well thanks for that attack - much appreciated.

Not a fanboy just looking at the overall picture:

Firstly it's now 2007 nearly 2008 - must we still look at 3dm05?

I accept what you are saying and everyone has personal preferences, at this point in time I chose Nvidia over AMD.

In a world where phase cooling, DI or Liquid nitorgen cooling is not something that everyone uses - Consider under air or even regular watercooling that people will use for gaming and normal PC use and the AMD GPU's have a distinct set of flaws:

Consume too much power (much more than 8800 ultra for example)
Generate too much heat (see above)

What I am trying to say is that with the extra heat and power consumtpion using the cooling that 99% of the global population engage in (regular air or water cooling) the current AMD Line up will not live up to the hype generated in your post - certainly not much room to overclock or in real gaming perormance - it's no secret that todays cards (even the best ones) are not up to true DX10 gaming performance.

In a world where we should all be doing our part to prevent global warming these factors 'should' be considered when purchasing any new products (not just PC parts) and in all honesty AMD have been weighed measured and left wanting in all this - hence why their fastest product is priced against the GTS.

I don't dispute you claims about WR's etc.... but those are in abnormal conditions that regular joe's simply do not use - couple that with driver tweaks, personal tweaks etc and the result is often skewed to what the real world results would be.

In the same way I embraced core 2 back in september last year after 4 years of AMD A64, I would swap my Nvidia cards in a heartbeat if I really thought there was something better out there.

I apologise for going off topic here somewhat as this thread is not about all that.

beast-usa
09-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Well not meant as an attack sorry :)

I just hear the same stuff from all the fanboys.

They are slower, hotter, eat to much power :rofl:

I use water & phase on the cpu, my video is always air.

I just don't see it my cards
XFX 7800 GTX ..........35C NF4 SLI (cost $850)
XFX 7900 GTX EE ......43C Intel SLI (cost $1300)
XFX 7950 GTX2 EE......65C Intel SLI (cost $1650)
ATI X1900XT ............60C CF.........(cost $922)
Sapphire HD2900XT....43C CF.........(cost $987)

Power hungry well kind of...they just need clean power.

Benchmarks you can't tweak them.....that's what I was saying.
All run HD DVD quality LOL
Water CPU & Air video (they did hit 49C)
3D05 24609
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dm05=3354006

So as you can see from all my cards in only couple years.
Nvidia is by far my favorite, but these new 2900 are just good
cards. And people just need to see it's the truth.

Again no attack sorry about that........:up:

I to begged nvidia to release the drivers, I sat on those 79's & 7950's
so long just in-case they did......I just wasn't willing to spend $1800+
to end up hacking drivers to work. So I went ATI and I'm very pleased
with the cards.