PDA

View Full Version : Project Dolphin key counting project thread + guide!

[XC]melymel
07-27-2006, 04:19 PM
http://www.project-dolphin.nl/

Basically this is another key counting program, that records how many keys you type, it then uploads onto a database so you can compare how much you type to others. It's like whatpulse that uses near zero resources and is just for fun. I have only just setup the team but today am giving the highest output in Free-DC team (red-pie :woot:) so we should have a good target in them, the top teams have a rather large gap built :p:This is what they say on their website:

This is the new Project Dolphin, a project running to count the number of keys you type. The hype started early 2002 with the currently dead Project Dolphin. Project Dolphin was a fairly large project to track how many keys you type and keep statistics of it, and you could compare yourself to others.

Anyway you very simply fill in the registration form here (http://www.project-dolphin.nl/register.php) and then log in. Once logged in click teams > search/join team and then type in XtremeSystems in the box and click join next to the XtremeSystems team when the next page loads up.

Now download the client from here (http://www.project-dolphin.nl/download.php) and simply install it. When you load the client a dialog box should pop up enter in your username and password and then click the "get acount information" button to the right of where you enter your details. It should now minimize itself to the taskbar and update itself hourly.

It's that simple :toast:

P.S. post here if your trying to run it/ seting it up and if there's enough interest i'll ask Bok if he can add the team to the stats, if no one says anything i'll join back with Free-DC :p: .

P.P.S it runs fine alongside whatpulse so you might aswell run both :D

[cTx]Philosophy
07-27-2006, 04:25 PM
Sounds interesting, I might try it out..
Im a firm beleiver in less is more, hence why I only run 2 diff apps atm..

Highland3r
07-27-2006, 11:04 PM
I've got ~ 22 million keys with another team, will move over and join XS if the old teams no longer runnning. Seems only 1 other person is still recording keys at the mo :(

[XC]melymel
07-28-2006, 02:32 AM
I've got ~ 22 million keys with another team, will move over and join XS if the old teams no longer runnning. Seems only 1 other person is still recording keys at the mo :(

I'm the only person in XtremeSystems atm becaue I only started the team when I made this original thread but Bok's now added us to that stats for it :woot:

Unfortunately when you swap teams your points stay with the team you got them with so i have 800,000+ keys for OcUK and about 15,000 for Free-DC, but they all add to your personal total.

:toast:

[XC] riptide
07-28-2006, 02:53 AM
mely. Edit the original post to include a description of the project. I don't know what Whatpulse is, therefore not a bannanna about this one either. So givus a description aswell. You need the first post to be a good information source and something people can get the feel of the project.

[XC]melymel
07-28-2006, 03:00 AM
mely. Edit the original post to include a description of the project. I don't know what Whatpulse is, therefore not a bannanna about this one either. So givus a description aswell. You need the first post to be a good information source and something people can get the feel of the project.

Ok edited :up:, the trouble with this project is that it's so simple that there isn't much to say about it other than it records how many keys you type and ranks you against evryone else.

[XC] riptide
07-28-2006, 03:41 AM
Ok edited :up:, the trouble with this project is that it's so simple that there isn't much to say about it other than it records how many keys you type and ranks you against evryone else.

i reckon get a buch of lab rats or hamsters and give them Amphetimine and have them tied up around your keyboard. I wonder is there any may to pulse the Ps/2 slot on a motherboard to read as key pressess too.. hmmmm thinking again. Maybe we could overclock the PS/2 bus and then pulse the schitt out of it. Whats the transfer rate of it, or would it be better to adapt the USB port and have it reading as a keyboard attached. maybe both at the same time. Maybe have all the USB ports thinking theres a keyboard attached. Maybe emulate a keyboard using a program/.... maybe emulate a keyboard attached to 127 USB virtual ports on each hub and have maximum pulse rate. Damn we'd own this project if i found out a few things more..........

[XC]melymel
07-28-2006, 03:46 AM
i reckon get a buch of lab rats or hamsters and give them Amphetimine and have them tied up around your keyboard. I wonder is there any may to pulse the Ps/2 slot on a motherboard to read as key pressess too.. hmmmm thinking again. Maybe we could overclock the PS/2 bus and then pulse the schitt out of it. Whats the transfer rate of it, or would it be better to adapt the USB port and have it reading as a keyboard attached. maybe both at the same time. Maybe have all the USB ports thinking theres a keyboard attached. Maybe emulate a keyboard using a program/.... maybe emulate a keyboard attached to 127 USB virtual ports on each hub and have maximum pulse rate. Damn we'd own this project if i found out a few things more..........

i think they consider that cheating :rofl:

Although on TKC which was the same as this but measured mouse wheel scrolls too I hooked the mouse wheel to the axle of a remote control car and ran that, the wheel was only about 10cm across and it did 50km/h which if my maths is correct is about 8,000rpm, that clocked up a few scrolls :lol:

[XC]melymel
07-29-2006, 03:17 PM
Bump.... surely some of you Whatpulsers can help me here i'm the only one on the team :p:

[SHAMELESS PLEE]Just to reiterate the program takes only 3mb of ram and 1 mb vmem if you run Whatpulse running this along side wont hurt will it? and you might aswell make the clicks count :D.[/SHAMELESS PLEE]

STEvil
07-29-2006, 04:34 PM
running both at the same time here for a test run.. poor laptop with whatpulse, dolphin, rosetta, and uptimer... lol :D