PDA

View Full Version : Asus A7V8X and Radeon 9700 Pro prob

Logic-Pro
03-09-2003, 02:21 PM
Hi guys
My friend built a new system with an Asus A7V8X and Radeon 9700 Pro from ATi. (new in box, retail) both.

WE tried every single damn things to make it work correctly without succeed. Keeps getting crash, freeze , lockups and whatnot while playing games or 3D Marks.

I heard a lot of people having problem with that 3D Card and KT400 Via Chipset. Some people told me to put the AGP speed down to 4X and to not install via driver ( default winxp) .

BUT!

When I go into my bios ( latest from asus av8x4m11.zip)
and also tried their latest Beta Bios. I cannot change the damn AGP Speed, It is set to 8X and it's grey ( can't change it to 4X or 2X)

Any solution for this>> ? I'm realy stuck
Jesus, he didn't listened me to buy a Nforce2 board from Abit

piercedandtatto
04-08-2003, 11:07 AM
im having the same problems with my 9700 non-pro and gigabyte GA-8SR533 motherboard. its been crashing severely for ove a month and a half, i still cant find a solution!

shortcircuit
04-08-2003, 12:13 PM
What kind of PSU are you using? I've had similar problems which I narrowed down to a PSU issue. Try running the radeon off a separate power supply if you have one available.

Alternately, if the radeon is new and you've always had this issue, I've heard that some cards have really bad heatsink contact - like, almost no contact - and this might be your problem as well.

Ruantic
04-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Had exactly same problems with my kt400 board, only way to get it running was either xp default drivers, or the old Pre-hyperion drivers. You won't find much help from Via, they claim its a problem with ATI, oddly enough Nforce2 handles the 9700P just fine... The real cure is to dump the Via board and go Nforce, thats what I did.....