PDA

View Full Version : Test Drive Unlimited PS2 Beta Test Commencement!

Ominous Gamer
07-26-2006, 05:19 AM
I've been selected for the BETA! :woot:

Now I have 2 problems:
1) My 61" Infocus DLP HDTV is currently dead!:slapass:
2) I don't own a PS2.

My solutions:
1)Buy a PS2
2)Game on my GE 52" rear projection TV.

Its been a long, long time since I'e played anything TestDrive, so I hope this game rocks.

Anarki
07-26-2006, 05:39 AM
I have played the demo on the xbox 360, and to be honest I didn't enjoy it.

Graphics are so-so, the handling on the cars is poor, and generally it feels weak.

Just my humble 2p

DonS1mpson
07-26-2006, 10:09 AM
It seems like you've got two options.

Sell it on Ebay OR

Give it to me...

PLEASE...?

Ominous Gamer
07-27-2006, 04:07 PM
Got the disc in the mail, going to walmart to buy a system now.

The envelope was even hand stamped, and had an avery address sticker.

DonS1mpson
07-29-2006, 04:40 AM
Stop bragging about your TV's!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: I've got a crappy 28 incher in the living room and a 14" crap box in my bedroom :(

Anyway... what's the game like...?

horrorwood
07-29-2006, 12:18 PM
Get the component cables for the ps2...

hopefully the game has 480p aswell.

Hold triangle and x while you start the ps2 and it should ask if you want to go into progressive scan mode.

Ominous Gamer
07-29-2006, 05:25 PM
I've joined the Atari beta forums, so I'm keeping my mouth shut now. No need to foul up future betas.

Sorry guys.

Lestat
08-22-2006, 02:29 PM
it aint that good of a game

and im VERY VERY VERY.. can i say that one more time V E R Y
shocked they are even trying to bring it out on the PS2. especially since the PS3 is right around the corner...

the graphics.. oh lord i cant even imagine how bad they are, or how limited the viewing distance is.

the 360 beta was pretty sucky. but this falls directly in line with every other Test Drive game ever made.

they really need to bring some new minds in to refresh that series.

Ominous Gamer
08-24-2006, 08:34 AM
it aint that good of a game

and im VERY VERY VERY.. can i say that one more time V E R Y
shocked they are even trying to bring it out on the PS2. especially since the PS3 is right around the corner...

the graphics.. oh lord i cant even imagine how bad they are, or how limited the viewing distance is.

the 360 beta was pretty sucky. but this falls directly in line with every other Test Drive game ever made.

they really need to bring some new minds in to refresh that series.

Wow, what the :banana::banana::banana::banana: are you talking about?

First off, its the PS2, and it was a beta, what do you expect?
The game seems to have a great following behind it, lots of people are loving the 360 demo.
There was no 360 beta.
Have you seen the PS3 numbers? Why make a game for a console thats drowning in bad press, and that so few people are going to be able to get a hold of. That hasn't gone into retail production yet, and doesn't even have a release date? Not to mention the increased developer cost to Melbourne?
Test Drive has changed hands 3 times. Atari currently bought the name. It has nothing in common with previous releases. Of course, this should have be a no brainer considering that its a MMO racing game. None of the programmers from TD1 to TD5 are even around. Melbourne House is doing the PS2 and PSP games, and Eden Games is doing the 360 and PC games. Neither of these developing firms have touched a Test Drive title before.

Ominous Gamer
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
This beta has ended, when it finally does come out in stores I'll be making a small announcement about the game, untill then I'll be playing the NWN2 beta that Atari launches tomorrow.