PDA

View Full Version : Worlds most powerful coffee table ~~ Powered by AMD, Intel, Cyrix, IBM, and RISC!

FragTek
07-25-2006, 03:28 PM
This just in... Today the worlds most powerful coffee table has been introduced. Front page in the Faquier Times Democrat, Matt Krei has created the worlds first and most powerful coffee table. The new technology utilizes a combination of processors from the worlds top manufacturers such as AMD, Intel, Cyrix, IBM, and Orion (RISC based processors). The US government has approached Mr. Krei in hopes of manufacturing / engineering more smart furniture to aid the FBI & DEA to perform their duties and cut down on possible unreliable equiment. The DEA is especially interested in using this technology to automatically weigh and calculate the cost of siezed drugs during large busts.

Here's a picture of this amazing device:

http://upload.overclock3d.net/get.php?id=613&view=1

Ok so I just thought this would be a great way to put a gripload of old processors I had stashed to good use.... Talk about a great conversation piece!

magg
07-25-2006, 03:36 PM
Haha, that's awesome! I'll give you $5 for it :D

day187
07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
lol thats the same as my coffee table from ikea.

FragTek
07-25-2006, 03:38 PM
lol thats the same as my coffee table from ikea.
Damn straight! IKEA r0x0rz b0x0rz!

magg
07-25-2006, 04:34 PM
Are those glued down? Or just set in there in a straight line? Better hope nobody bumps the table if that's the case, lol.

FragTek
07-25-2006, 04:39 PM
Are those glued down? Or just set in there in a straight line? Better hope nobody bumps the table if that's the case, lol.
I have yet to "permanize" them on to the table. In case I find any more procs around I want to be able to re-arrange them. Once I know for sure that I have it perfect I think i'll take some hot glue to them. Then it's only semi-permanent and can be rearrange if need be. Thinking of it though!

Also, if anyone has any old interesting processors laying around that they don't see on my table I'm taking donations (I'll pay the postage :)). Thanks!

Carlz0r
07-27-2006, 03:35 PM
I have yet to "permanize" them on to the table. In case I find any more procs around I want to be able to re-arrange them. Once I know for sure that I have it perfect I think i'll take some hot glue to them. Then it's only semi-permanent and can be rearrange if need be. Thinking of it though!

Also, if anyone has any old interesting processors laying around that they don't see on my table I'm taking donations (I'll pay the postage :)). Thanks!
I have an old mobile pentium around here somewhere. Has pcb packaging. If I can find it, it's yours.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carlz0r/Picture030.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carlz0r/Picture031.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v259/Carlz0r/Picture032.jpg

Thrilla
07-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Should've made it out of metal, or at least cover with sheet metal for that industrial look. Great idea nonetheless.

Ominous Gamer
07-27-2006, 04:32 PM
Most powerful? Not really

Any mountainmods case/coffee table would smoke it.

koensa
07-27-2006, 04:50 PM
what are those old intels in the second last row?

they are huge!

pentium pro or something?wich socket

i have a collection somewhat like yours

FragTek
07-27-2006, 06:07 PM
@carl: LMK if you can find it mate, that would be a sweet addition!

@koensa: Socket 8 Pentium Pros :)

Shpoon
07-27-2006, 07:06 PM
Is that glass topped? I honestly can't tell, though I assume it is.

All you need to do now is get some AOL coasters for that baby :p

FragTek
07-28-2006, 02:27 AM
Is that glass topped? I honestly can't tell, though I assume it is.

All you need to do now is get some AOL coasters for that baby :p

Yeah it's got a spiffy glass top on it. And now that I think about my new printer came with an AOL disc, muahaha!

perkam
07-28-2006, 06:25 AM
a good idea for conversation piece...or a dead cpu momento for all the times you used the stock cooler...:p:

Perkam

eshbach
07-28-2006, 03:12 PM