PDA

View Full Version : Foxconn C51XEM2AA-8EKRS2H Multiplier issues

gmod
07-20-2006, 06:17 AM
Just got this board running at work with a 3800+ X2 but the board will not let me change the multiplier on the cpu. it looks like the board has the Release bios on it is there a bios that allows me to change the multiplier downwards....Thanks..

3oh6
07-20-2006, 06:23 AM
i am using a BIOS dated 05/24/06 and it has no issues with lowering CPU multi. i am pretty sure i flashed the BIOS at some point though.

the one on their web site right now is dated as May 20/06 according to the release notes though.

gmod
07-20-2006, 06:33 PM
Well I updated to the latest bios and I still cant change the multi...I must be missing something here...Please Other Foxconn users please help me here...

stm
07-20-2006, 11:43 PM
i can lower the multi no problems on mine. but i have talked to foxconn tech support before, and they are amazing. well it depends who you talk to. the US reps are awesome.

gmod
07-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Can this have anything to do with the pwrspply about the only thing I have left that could be causing this...The pwrspply does not have the 8pin pwr but does have 24pin atx...Also does the board have to have the Molex pwr connected or is that for pwr out like the Asus A8n32...

dz_jad
07-22-2006, 05:17 AM
sorry, I dont have the mobo, but can you explain the problem a little more?

is it that you change the multi in bios, but see no effect (It doesnt sound like it(
or
does the option show up grey or faded and you just cant change it?
or
does it have no option for changing multi?

maybe you need to select something, like on the bios on my ASUS m2n sli-dlx, I need to select "manual" to actually change the htt and other things in BIOS (but I'm having problems, and its not changing >.<)
so?

gmod
07-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Yes the option is there and lets me change from 10 to 9 but does not effect the cpu speed at all...As far selecting manual adjust I didnt see any option to change that anywhere...Been all over these bios thinking maybe it was something that easy...

dz_jad
07-22-2006, 08:55 PM
ok, do you have cpu-z? or how do you know that it isnt effecting the speed?
a little more detail would help a bunch.....