PDA

View Full Version : Danger Den MAG II LE Questions!!!

Seufari
07-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Hey guys,

I know this pump hasn't been out long, but I need something cheap and this is looking pretty good. Now for my questions:

1) Is it quiet? Main reason I would be getting this pump...
2) With the "3-pin (fan header style)" does this mean I would either have to power this with the motherboard or my fan controller?
3) Would I realistically see any increase or decrease in temps over my D4?

Please dont bother recommending the D5 (unless you have one to sell for cheap) or anything much more than the Mag II, I just dont have the funds.

My Current Setup:

DD TDX
DD D4
DD Heatcore w/ shroud and Ultra High Speed Panaflos (I figure I'll just turn off the fans when I am surfing the web/watching a movie)
DD 5.25 bay-res
Tygon tubing and a bunch of hose clamps

Thanks for all of your wisdom...

Sneaky
07-19-2006, 10:15 PM
i have one en route from danger den to use in my GPU cooling loop, so i'll post a review as soon as it arrives

and btw, your D4 is better than the Mag II LE by far, so don't even bother replacing it

septim
07-19-2006, 11:26 PM
its cheap if your only cooling your cpu,
i guess don't overclock much...

Seufari
07-20-2006, 04:25 AM
The reason I am thinking about switching from the D4 to the mag is because I want silence...

The D4 isnt loud its just louder than I want.

Sneaky
07-20-2006, 11:22 AM
sell the D4 and get a D5... D5 is ALOT quieter and performs a bit better as well

Seufari
07-20-2006, 11:28 AM
sell the D4 and get a D5... D5 is ALOT quieter and performs a bit better as well

Please dont bother recommending the D5 (unless you have one to sell for cheap) or anything much more than the Mag II, I just dont have the funds."

I was already planning on selling the D4... I figured I could get enough to afford the Mag II