View Full Version : Revamping My Water Loop, Need Suggestions Comments

Aldy402
07-18-2006, 08:23 AM
Im basically tired of my old loop and im not really satisifed with my outside rad placement or the temps for that matter, im currently hitting 38c max load on 1.4, but when I go over 1.5, it goes to around 42-43c max load. While it isn't bad, im using a v1000 so the psu is exhausting right onto the external rad. bad setup imo. so I just need some suggestions or comments from you guys before I pull the trigger.

old setup
-storm rev1 - tired of remounts and gunk cleaning
-mcp655 pump
-mcr225 qp rad, externally mounted with rad box (2x 120 deltas @ 7v)
-typhoon acrylic res
-lian li v1000

new setup
-aquaextreme mp-05 sp le /w delrin and accel midplate
-alphacool ddc /w acrylic modded top
-thermochill pa120.2 with shroud (2x 120 silentx)
-t line with DD delrin cap (tired of using a res)
-cm stacker (the old 1)

what kind of temp drops should i expect? is it even worth it to totally revamp the whole water setup? I am also selling my mobo/ram/cpu to get ready for conroe

creidiki
07-18-2006, 09:11 AM
- drop the silenx for yates... ive got both, and yates make less noise and push more air even though theyre rated @ 2x the noise and 1/2 the cfm. If you actually want something like the 74/90cfm silenx are imaginatively rated for, get some SanAces.

- why do you need a fillport? just put a cork in it.. i use a sawed-off dvd spindle + clamp.

- also mise well get a 120.3 if youre going stacker, thats what I'll be putting in mine.

- as far gunking in the storm, if you keep not cleaning your rad and/or putting too much additive itll happen all the same with any block, and most certainly with an MP-05 LE with #3 injector plate.

ghent915
07-18-2006, 09:32 AM
Keep the storm, and use the $$$ saved to upgrade to a 120.3 rad. If you're going to be mounting in a stacker, might as well be going full bore. The DDC+ with top will have increased flow, with decreased heat-dump. That will MAYBE decrease your temps...a touch.

The T-Line is up to you. I know a lot of rads are pretty crappy. I can without reservation recommend the Swiftech Micro-Res. It's worked brilliantly for me, and mouting locations in a stacker are plenty.

Finally, I'm going with Creidiki on this one (the fans). Yates are awesome. I have some of the older orange ones that I love. I run them at full tilt, and they are still quieter than any other 120mm fan I've used. I'm just waiting for an excuse to change over to the black yates.

As for predicting temp drops....that will be ANYONE's ballgame really. There are a lot of variables that aren't ever really takend into effect when designing loops, such as your ambient temps, your construction ability, ect. I'd recommend starting with your current loop in the stacker case, and replacing each piece individually, and judging your temps after each part. Once you hit a happy value...stop...

I'd start with replacing the Rad, then the pump, then the block....but thats just me.

-Ghent

creidiki
07-18-2006, 09:35 AM
Yeah, much better to invest in a good rad as theyre so much harder to replace.

Blocks are dead easy, I can switch cpu block and be up and running in about 20 minutes, open-loop surgery ftw.

Aldy402
07-18-2006, 10:32 AM
- why do you need a fillport? just put a cork in it.. i use a sawed-off dvd spindle + clamp..

thanks fro suggestions guys, I will switch over to the yates, anywhere i can buy them bulk for cheaper? and that sawed off dvd spindle thing is GENIUS!

Im definetly gonna use that..

also.. 1 question
I never really used a T-line before, I've always used res's but is it much easier to drain with a T-line?? Im assuming u can just uncap the t-line and turn it upside down??

creidiki
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
Depends on where you live.

USA: Jabtech, Petrastechshop, J-Mag here on the forums.

EU: J-Mag again or ebay

Yeah its easyer to drain I guess... takes a little longer to fill & bleed though, from "instant" to "half an hour w. practice"

JoeBar
07-18-2006, 11:37 AM
Agree with creidiki. Keep the storm and invest on a 120.3.

septim
07-18-2006, 06:41 PM
i think petra's has a sale on yates...