PDA

View Full Version : Corsair xms support=corsair sucks?

thelostrican
07-17-2006, 06:16 PM
Man i am having the worst luck ever with this express support guy from corsair,

let me tell you my story, recently i bought a brand new set of 8500 c5, memory modules, i bought it from newegg on 7/10/2006, i really wanted some c3 but they were out so i got the c5.

as soon as i got them i tested them with my conroe, an the asus p5w dh an at stock setting, speeds etc, they wont run it, period on of the sticks is not up to the job, the max it will do is 900 or so, the other one is fine, an dandy at up to 1150 probably not stable, but it is stable at stock speed of 8500 and thats what i bought...

so anyhow this guys are just giving me the runaround, basically they are telling me that the asus p5w dh and the intel bad axe doesnt support 1066 ddr speeds and thats why i cant run them at 1066?

any ideas? i am venting really cause i am frustrated as hell, i can post the messages if anybody wants to see them....

Tulatin
07-17-2006, 06:23 PM
ugh, not a good thing! It could also be a :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:y MCH on the -DH...

sluflyer06
07-17-2006, 06:28 PM
with Corsair you have to play hardball with their tech guys, i'm not kidding they will run you dead with stupid suggestions and fixes, basically you just tell them "whats up" and firmly ask for an RMA until they give it to you.

I had a set of legitametly toast ram a year ago and they just kept givin me the run around getting an rma, until i just said flat out, "Look, I've been building PC's for years, I'm an power user, blah blah, I know what i'm doing and I've tested this ram properly and I really would just like an RMA and not to have anymore down time" and that basically got me the rma #.

thelostrican
07-17-2006, 06:29 PM
it could, however this is at stock speeds. when ocing my board can do 410 fsb with auto on MCH voltage, so it does allright, and it can run my friends c3 at 1066 just fine even when ocing ....with a fsb of 400...with a conroe e6600 for a speed of 3600 really neat stuff for a 24/7 rig.....

thelostrican
07-17-2006, 06:33 PM
with Corsair you have to play hardball with their tech guys, i'm not kidding they will run you dead with stupid suggestions and fixes, basically you just tell them "whats up" and firmly ask for an RMA until they give it to you.

I had a set of legitametly toast ram a year ago and they just kept givin me the run around getting an rma, until i just said flat out, "Look, I've been building PC's for years, I'm an power user, blah blah, I know what i'm doing and I've tested this ram properly and I really would just like an RMA and not to have anymore down time" and that basically got me the rma #.

amen to that...i just aksed firmly for an rma, this is my third time asking for a freaking rma number

Lestat
07-17-2006, 06:51 PM
i'd demand to talk to the call center manager or the tech support manager.
dont give in for one second until you get your RMA.
dont even bother with regular tech support.
when they answer the phone tell them you want to talk to the manager IMMEDIATELY. and when they screw with you and they will...... demand that they give you their name and employee number (if they have one)

when the manager gets on the phone be professional yet firm and explain whats happening and if HE even thinks about saying the badaxe and PW dont do 1066 then you tell him straight up that you want him to do a conference call with him and you and to call Asus and Intel and you want HIM to try and tell THEM that their 1066 dont work.
tell him that if he doesnt give you an RMA immediately you will contact the fvckin president of corsair if thats what it takes but if he says the intel and P5W dont do 1066 one more time ... yada yada.

i HATE i mean i HATE support a-holes like this.. they will do ANYTHING to get out of rma'ing stuff.
here i even thought about buying some and if this is the way they are screw it.

fry one of your sticks.. take something and fry it.. overvolt it do whatever fry it
if thats the kind of bvllsh|t they want to pull then shove it right back up their arse.
if the stick is dead then they have no choice.
tell them i told you it wouldnt do 1066 and now its dead.

RyderOCZ
07-17-2006, 07:13 PM
fry one of your sticks.. take something and fry it.. overvolt it do whatever fry it
if thats the kind of bvllsh|t they want to pull then shove it right back up their arse.
tell them i told you it wouldnt do 1066 and now its dead.This is exactly what causes questions to be asked when a customer asks for RMA.
Purposely causing a failure to get what you want is the worst way to get what you want.
I will keep that in mind.

pcdoc1
07-17-2006, 07:21 PM
tell them i told you it wouldnt do 1066 and now its dead.Unbelievable... :slapass: Did you learn this as a Gateway support person?

thelostrican
07-17-2006, 08:37 PM
Lestat:lol

i shouldnt have to go trhu hell just to have something rma, however instead of blaming my hardware, they should start with the memory especially when the hardware in question has done it allready with other memory.

i havent been ask not even once to test my memory with mem test which i allready did of course...not once.

the only to possible outcomes as per them has been your equipment cant handle it, or run it at 800 5-5-5-15 and that its unacceptable....

sluflyer06
07-18-2006, 07:43 AM
HAHA 800@ 5-5-5-15...you might as well underclock your cpu as well with those timmings...even DDR1000 at Cl5 with that tras produces unsightly results.

Redbeard
07-18-2006, 08:24 AM
Lestat:lol

i shouldnt have to go trhu hell just to have something rma, however instead of blaming my hardware, they should start with the memory especially when the hardware in question has done it allready with other memory.

i havent been ask not even once to test my memory with mem test which i allready did of course...not once.

the only to possible outcomes as per them has been your equipment cant handle it, or run it at 800 5-5-5-15 and that its unacceptable....

First off, I'm sorry you've had some problems with Corsair support.

Secondly, I have seen problems with the 975 chipset at 1066 with 2x1GB of memory. For some reason, 2x512mb works okay at 1066 but sometimes 2x1GB gives us errors.

If you still haven't had the problem fixed to your satisfaction, send me an email, georgem@corsairmemory.com, my name is George and I'll be more than happy to do whatever it takes to fix it for you.

Also, some reasons for this:

- We are happy to take back defective parts, and try to make it easy for users to do this. Our lifetime warranty means exactly that.

- The focus of our tech support group is to help the user solve his problem, in most cases it is not a matter of defective memory. A huge percentage of the modules we take back in RMA are not defective and it's due to user configuration error or hardware incompatibility, so we try to screen for this beforehand, since it's better for the user and for us if you aren't without memory for a few days and when you get the replacement it does the same thing.

- Most users coming to tech support are not power users, although some think they are. It is difficult to tell at first the knowledge and experience level of the person we are trying to help. Power users are a tiny fraction of the traffic we get, as most of them solve their own problems. Keep in mind that the vast majority of our users are buying value memory or 6400C5 or 3200C2 modules, which are not the best overclockers in the world. Power users know differently, though, and it's hard to gauge the difference.

- From now on, if you guys have problems and use our TS Express trouble-ticket software, feel free to document your name and that you're from Xtremesystems. I've just talked to our Tech Support guys and they'll be keeping a lookout. We're not guaranteeing special treatment or anything, but what it will do is give our tech support guys a heads up that you know what you're talking about, so we don't have to start off with basic questions like "is it plugged into the wall" or "did you plug the memory in backwards".

thelostrican
07-19-2006, 07:46 AM
thx a lot george i got my rma number and they are on the way, if i got any problems i will be sure to contact you directly.

thx
jacs