PDA

View Full Version : Problem with my Headset

Shpoon
07-17-2006, 03:42 PM
My headset was working fine up till now for over a year, and recently I've been having problems, and have NO idea why.

The sound from my mic is always coming into my ears, unless I physical mute the mic. This is realy annoying as half the time it sounds like a sort of shuffling noise when I move my head (the air thru the mic makes the tiniest, but noticable sound). So far, my only solution when I can't mute the mic is to play music :p

All and all it's really annoying..

Headset: Plantronics Audio .90 *almost positive
Soundcard: X-fi Xtrememusic, newest drivers, I updated in an attempt to fix it, didn't do anything

My headset connects to a switch which has a mic in, sound out, and a speaker out port, and connects directly to my soundcard at the back.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

WeStSiDePLaYa
07-17-2006, 05:15 PM
sounds like it could be a driver issue. are you able to test using onboard sound to see if the problem continues?

other than that there isnt much it could be on the headset side, unless the wires somehow broke inside and are every so slightly making contact.

afireinside
07-17-2006, 05:28 PM
control panel > sound and audio devices > audio tab > sound > "volume" option for sound playback > Check "mute mic"

Shpoon
07-17-2006, 05:36 PM
control panel > sound and audio devices > audio tab > sound > "volume" option for sound playback > Check "mute mic"

I have no mute mic option, rather I've been using mute "line in".

West side, it does it with onboard as well :/

WeStSiDePLaYa
07-17-2006, 05:40 PM

do a visual inspection of the cables, are they getting worn or anything? thats the only thing i can think of, unless the headset has a control pod in which something might have died. possibly a capacitor.

afireinside
07-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Go options on the volute window and click advanced. It will be there.

Shpoon
07-17-2006, 06:38 PM
do a visual inspection of the cables, are they getting worn or anything? thats the only thing i can think of, unless the headset has a control pod in which something might have died. possibly a capacitor.

Headset has a on-line control thingamajig ;), but it's a simple switch and volume control. Cables are fine to the visual inspection...

Go options on the volute window and click advanced. It will be there.

Same old, same old :/

(Thanks for your patience guys).

afireinside
07-18-2006, 12:16 AM
Odd you have cd player in place of mic... I really don't know what to tell you. It's the drivers though and not the headset.