PDA

View Full Version : Where can i find a thermochill he 80.2

oublie
07-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Hi folks its a loooong time since i posted but i need a hand with something. I've just bought a zalman hd160 media pc case to hold a new living room rig. The rig won't be anything too special just an old abit aa8 with a 3.46 chip, tv card , xp media etc. Now the problem i have is that i want to water cool the case which has space on the back for 2 80mm fans. Thermochill used to do a 80.2 which should be enough to cool the cpu with stock setting but they don't sell them anymore. Can someone recommend a place where i can find one or an alternative rad that has 80 x2 configuration?

Thanks

ps ill be using 1/2 " fittings

Marci
07-17-2006, 08:04 AM
Twas discontinued as it wasn't capable of cooling a stock CPU on it's own satisfactorily... you'll only find them 2nd hand.

Should be able to find a BlackIce Micro2 around on the net somewhere... that's 2x80mm, but will suffer the same problem - ie: You'll get better temps with a good heatsink IMO.

oublie
07-17-2006, 08:17 AM
tks marci,

I've a lot of old cooling gear sitting around and though i could put it to some use. it was either this or an ultra low noise air cooling solution.

JoeBar
07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
I would go for the ultra low noise air cooling solution.
U're only choise if u want WC is BIP 2x80mm.