PDA

View Full Version : Silver conductive pain shelf life

Demo
07-14-2006, 07:47 PM
I just got mine and i noticed it has an expire date of 06/2007 is there anyway that i can extend its lifespan surely i cant consume this small vial even for 2 years. The brand is "Electrolube" is this a good brandmake?

join nbk
08-16-2006, 12:15 AM
I am not going to be shure, but

i believe thats pretty much means nothing

its paint and adhesive with tons of metal and water.

Demo
08-17-2006, 12:12 PM
i see so i guess no one really knows the lifespan of these products, even the manufacturer doest know its shelflife.

Stigma
08-29-2006, 07:30 AM
I very highly doubt it will ever run out on date. The only thing would be if it hardens over time so that is no longer liquid enough to apply properly.

Anyway, its very easy to control that you have proper electric contact if you just use a multimeter.

-Stigma

halo112358
09-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I've got a pen of the stuff on my desk - they claim two years un-opened or one year from the day you open the pen for the first time.

edit: I'm pretty sure it's the solvent that determines shelf life, you could probably thin it with acetone (AFAIK that's the primary solvent in circuitwriter pens).

Holst
09-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Just make sure you put the top on propperly so the thinners done evaporate.

Once it dries out completely I doubt you could thin it out again.

But if its just getting really thick and gloopy you could add a bit of acetone or something to thin it out a bit.. not sure exactly what to add though.

Last time I used mine it was a bit thick and hard to paint with, but it still worked ok.