PDA

View Full Version : G-Skill PC4400LE and ASRock SLI32-eSATA2

Xplod
07-14-2006, 02:46 PM
G-Skill PC4400LE 2x512mB TCCD440 and ASRock SLI32-eSATA2

Are there known compatibility issues between those two :confused:

Before ...on my DFI Lanparty UT 250GB I couldn't get them working properly together once I reached the 250Mhz. barrier,.. memory set on 2,5-3-3-7 1T,.. timings on which they supposed to run 275 Mhz. default ... well not here anyway.
Now even on my Dual Channel ASRock SLI32-eSATA2 motherboard in combination with a Opteron 148,.. they even don't want to run at those timings either anymore :( I get BSOD's all the time.
I finally got rid of those BSOD's by setting my memory even looser !
2,5-4-3-7 1T and still with those settings I get a rounding error in the BLEND test of SP2004 .. a little over 2 hours .....

Can somebody of G-Skill tech-support tell me what's going on here :confused:

badhabit
07-20-2006, 06:50 AM
I get the same problem with my PC4400LE kit, only worse on my A8R32-MVP. I can't run anything tighter than 3-4-4-8 2T at stock 200 MHz, or else I bluescreen or restart. Voltage doesn't help; 2.6 to 2.9 volts, same results. Drive strength, async latency, tRef, same story. Obviously I can't overclock the RAM either.

Hopefully a G.Skill tech can help, otherwise I'm going to have to RMA to get a kit that runs at advertised timings.

GSKILL TECH
07-20-2006, 02:16 PM
for those mobos i don't have it
it must relates to mobo.

if you guys can't run it at the rated speed, feel free to send it to us for testing.

Xplod
07-21-2006, 06:35 PM
I don't thing it's mobo related though.

I never reached the default advertised setting of the 4400LE --> 2,5-3-3-7 @ 275Mhz DDR500

- neither on my former Single Channel DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250GB motherboard with a 3400+ cpu ..
- neither on a friend of mine exactly the same DFI mobo with a 3700+ cpu
- neither on my current motherboard --> Dual Channel ASRock SLI32-eSATA2 with an Opteron 148 cpu.

On all of the 3 mobo's the sticks won't run together higher then a bit over 250 Mhz. stable.
275Mhz. is far far away.
2-2-2-5 1T @ 200Mhz. seems to work OK,.. no problems with that but what's even more weird is the fact that the sticks used to run on both DFI's separately easily 299Mhz. 2,5-3-3-7 1T errorfree in memtest86 #5 without showing 1 error.
Together absolutely nogo,.. it's like they seem to hate each other.
This is something I didn't tested yet on my ASRock yet but I will do that tonight.

But at 250 Mhz., even now I have to run my sticks at 2T to get my system a bit stable and still,.. I'm not sure if it's gonna stay that way.
Running on 2T seems to keep the BSOD's screens ,.. especially the "IRQ_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL" and "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA" screens away for now even while my memory is running now back at 2,5-3-3-7 timings.
But still,.... 275Mhz. is and has since al little bit over a year now when I bought my RAM never been possible.

I hoped a month or two ago by upgrading my system to a Dual-Channel set-up with an Opteron 148 cpu,.. which should have a very good DC-memorycontroller I guess,.. that my G-Skill problems would go away .... :nono: ... very frustrating to notice that the problems didn't go away.
I'm running out of patience,.. I'm gonna look out for a spare piece of RAM and send my G-Skill's in RMA to Kakaroto who is I guess the european G-Skill tech.
Maybe he still remembers the discussions about my G-Skills at the Dutch GoT forum a couple of months ago,... my nick over there is also Xplod so,.. maybe it does ring a bell Kakaroto.
Gonna contact my retailer too who is Dave from www.bytesatwork.be too to see how we can handle this all.