PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy of Speed Fan, temps dropped 11C with new case.

dak125
03-05-2003, 08:23 PM
I'd like everyone's opinion on this, I'm getting flamed over at the [H] because they seem to think the temps are way off.

I got my new Antec 1080 AMG yesterday and moved everything into it. I used to have a Googlegear mid tower with decent air flow but nothing spectacular. According to Speed Fan at idle it would run at 29 degrees celcius. Under full load it would go up to 32.

So now everything is in the new case. Everything is the same, IE no more hardware in the case. There are now a total of 8 fans in the case. 5 case fans, 2 PS fans, and vid card. Everything installed and powered up. I am now reading 18 degrees celcius at idle and 23 under full load.

This is at stock Vcore (1.65 I believe) and I'm going to post my system specs in my sig right now.

I posted this over at [H] and they're saying I'm either pulling BS, or my mobo diodes are wrong etc. I can (and have) take SS's of whatever if necessary. I want to know if anyone knows the accuracy of Speed Fan and the accuracy of the readings I'm getting. Apparently the case can't be colder than the room, but by touching it you can tell a temp difference. I'd like everyone's opinion on the subject. Thanks-DaK

EDIT: I'd also like to know if a drop of 11 degrees is even possible with the addition of the case and the fans.

Revv23
03-05-2003, 08:30 PM
well the decrease might be accurate but i dont think the temps are, check you bios temps...

dak125
03-05-2003, 08:36 PM
Just checked the bios:

MB temp: 19c/66f
CPU temp: 26.5c/79.5f

Vcore: 1.500

felix88
03-06-2003, 11:34 PM
well, depending on the ambient temp, it's entirely possable to have a low CPU temp. it's just very unlikely to have such a low reading.

an improvement in case airflow could cause an 11c drop.