PDA

View Full Version : X360: Has next "wave" hit yet? Having problems with original; need info

DarkOrigin
07-12-2006, 07:41 PM
Hey all,

Well, I'm finally starting to have freezing issues with the X360, which I bought almost immediately upon it's release (the first "wave").

Seems to be a heat issue, because the bastard gets so hot I can barely keep my hand touching the left side.

I'm not going to :banana::banana::banana::banana: around with MS trying to get a replacement, so I need to know if the next "wave" is available yet that does not have over-heating issues?

I'd just assume fork out another $400, especially since I bought it specifically for Dead Rising, which is due out in now just under a month, and I don't want to be messing around with MS and their nonsense trying to get a replacement in time.

If someone could give me any info a.s.a.p. as to the situation, it would be greatly appreciated (by my wife as well... she loves Burnout: Revenge).

Cheers.

P.S.
I have the box in a ventilated space, not locked up in a cabinet etc. and up off the floor.

Shift
07-13-2006, 06:49 AM
Just get the replacement. M$ was very quick to respond to the fact that they sold so many crappy 360s. I'd assume it is safe now to get a replacement since the number of complaints have gone down - I mean I haven't seen anyone try to sue M$ since the first wave. My friend recently purchased a 360 and has no problems with it at all. I played GRAW over at his house and I enjoyed it:toast:

ugp
07-14-2006, 06:27 AM
I just bought an Xbox 360 system and it seems to be working fine. Was manufactored on March of 2006.

Dtess17
08-08-2006, 05:31 AM
I just picked up one last week and it's running just fine.
I was thinking of getting an aftermarket cooler for it too, just to be safe.

ugp
08-08-2006, 06:01 AM
I just picked up one last week and it's running just fine.
I was thinking of getting an aftermarket cooler for it too, just to be safe.
With thise after market coolers...

I had a buddy have two XBox 360s go bad on both he used an aftermarket cooler..when he got his 3rd one he didn't use the aftermarket cooler and everything is working fine...not sure if that was all by chance though.

Dtess17
08-08-2006, 06:05 AM
i can't see how it would make the system go bad, all they do is increase the amount of air to the system. If anything i think he likely had two bad systems from the start, and the thrid just happend to be fine.

more cooling is never really a bad thing.

SnakeEyez
08-27-2006, 05:31 PM
They have way better tech support with this system then they did with xbox I got a new system no questions asked and a free game PD0

luceri
08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
I had a problem with mine freezing. If you didn't buy the extended warranty just take it apart and slap some arctic silver on, I've not had a single freeze since no matter how much I abuse the console.

Some of the launch consoles shipped with thermal tape. Yuk. :nono: