PDA

View Full Version : Best UK ISP?

Richie P
07-12-2006, 03:50 AM
Right, time for all you UK users to speak their mind about their current ISP. List your ISP, Service (inc rates and limits) and Cost. I'll start,

PlusNet, Broadband Plus (Up to 8meg, 3GB peak (4pm-midnight) limit, 50GB off peak i think) for £14.99pm

Please help me find a new ISP with a non-adslmax line (none of this 'up to 8meg' :banana::banana::banana::banana:).

Now for my moan about PlusNet (feel free to skip! :D)
I've just about had enough.

Firstly, they "upgraded" my guarranteed 2meg line to the adslmax stuff without me permission. Next, they introduced download limits with this peak/off peak thing, again without my permission and must be against the contract i signed. And finally, not a biggie but still underhand and wrong, is that the reduced my webspace from 250mb to 100mb.

I say "upgraded" in quote because the line is now the worst internet connection ever for reliability. Every ISP's forums are literally crawling with people complaining about disconnections. During the day is ok, with maybe 3 or 4 disconnects, but into the evening and it can disconnect as much as every 5 minutes. I've called and raised a note with PlusNet about it but their customer service is again, and i'm not joking, the worst ever. 2 days with no reply. :mad:

The thing that really disappoints me is that they were so good. a year ago, even 6 months ago, they would've been the first name off my tongue about an ISP recommendation...now they've seriously lost the plot. :slapass:

Azh_fx
07-12-2006, 04:03 PM
Bethere, upto 24mb, unlimited download, 1mb upload, £24.00pm or £20 if you use the promition codes ;)

im constantly at around 18/19mb download, (over 2mb/s) :woot:

Richie P
07-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Bethere sounds ideal...but no chance for me in sunny little Devon, you need to be near London or Birmingham just to stand a chance.

Any others?

oasked
07-13-2006, 01:51 AM
ADSL Guide (http://www.adslguide.org.uk/). All you need to know about UK broadband services, including cable as well.

Richie P
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah alright about adslguide, they've a tonne of ISP info over there but i can't see where they tell me what i asked?!

Plus i'm asking for personal experiences with broadband. Not a load of numbers - thats what i did with plusnet and a mistake that turned out to be.

Oh, and they STILL haven't answered my service note :cussing:

bazx
07-13-2006, 10:50 PM
i don’t no the best but bulldog have the absolute worst customer service

when you enter there telephone maze and you want to buy a new package
bang straight to a real person all done fast

now try and get something simple like a static ip added a month later
you will be stuck in the maze for the rest of your life 9 emails and a total of 5 hours on the phone trying to get someone that knows how to do it

just gave up in the end

K.I.T.T.
07-14-2006, 01:27 AM
Dunno about bang for buck, but i've been on wanadoo 1 Mb for 18 months with no problems whatsoever.

Customer services is pretty good as well :)

oasked
07-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Check out the forums on ADSLGuide ;)