PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop n00b......

OV3RCLOCK3R
07-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Well i've been playing with photoshop cs2 and came up with my sig.

What do you think?

Zenphic
07-11-2006, 01:59 PM
Pretty decent. Nice & simple. I think you should lessen the outer glow of the three icons. It should fade a bit from the right to the left, just to give the same effect as the black/white gradient in the background. :up:

Magnj
07-11-2006, 03:11 PM
pretty damn good. did you make it from scratch, follow a faq or did you jack parts of it.

einCe
07-11-2006, 04:33 PM
i think its perfect the way it is. VERY good job. approve 100%

OV3RCLOCK3R
07-11-2006, 05:57 PM
pretty damn good. did you make it from scratch, follow a faq or did you jack parts of it.

I made it from scratch without following any guides :)

i think its perfect the way it is. VERY good job. approve 100%

Thanks einCe:)

.sentinel
07-11-2006, 07:06 PM
Can I ask one thing. DO NOT use yellow outerglow.

einCe
07-11-2006, 07:54 PM
it goes with the gray and black, its fine

OV3RCLOCK3R
07-12-2006, 02:31 AM
Can I ask one thing. DO NOT use yellow outerglow.

It's not yellow. If you look at the X-fi logo more closely, The edge of it is orange and when adding the outside glow and shadow, it spreads it out making it look yellow:)

mar-one
07-12-2006, 03:43 AM
Just wanted to comment your sig looks good, nice job.

OV3RCLOCK3R
07-12-2006, 01:44 PM
Just wanted to comment your sig looks good, nice job.

Thank you mar-one.

I added shadow underneath the text just like i've done with the logo's. Does it look ok?:)

comrad
07-12-2006, 02:31 PM
Nice sig but if I may, some critique:

If your gonna use glows in that way, You need to make the glows the same on all the logos, it doesnt looks right with 3 different glows.

IMO, I would remove the glows or make them very low in opacity or lower the spread.

Then I would make a BLACK 1PX border around the whole thing instead of a white one...

And adjust the color/contrast/brightness on the logos to be the same on all of them.

OV3RCLOCK3R
07-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Nice sig but if I may, some critique:

If your gonna use glows in that way, You need to make the glows the same on all the logos, it doesnt looks right with 3 different glows.

IMO, I would remove the glows or make them very low in opacity or lower the spread.

Then I would make a BLACK 1PX border around the whole thing instead of a white one...

And adjust the color/contrast/brightness on the logos to be the same on all of them.

Hey comrad,

Thanks for all the suggestions, i'll sort these out tomorrow. As you can see i still don't have many skills with photoshop and still learning but considering i've only had photoshop for a day, i do think i did a good job but thanks anyway, i'll try those out:)