PDA

View Full Version : RMA'd my PC3200 and got bad ram back

GFDuke
07-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Back in Feb i bought some GSkill F13200BWU2-1GBGH. They were awesome rams. I havn't been able to find anything that clocks as well. But a few weeks ago one stick went bad on me. I filled out the RMA form paid for the shipping and sent them back. Today i recieved my replacment pair. I installed them only to find out they had sent me another pair with a bad stick. It was a huge dissapointment. So now i have to go through the whole process again i think. This is really a bit unfair that i should have to keep paying all this money for shipping. Gskill has no actual phone number for people to call and it takes forever to get a reply from them via e-mail. It seems the support for some of the best ram on the planet is less than one would expect. I mean really, ya think they would test the ram before they send it out. Or at least give a phone number to call. The worst part is i am involved in the forum wars and this is a huge setback because i cant bench without it. I have some OCZ ram that dosnt clock as well but at least if it goes bad i know i'll be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone about the problem and get answers. Today while at work i remembered that this site had GSkill support. If there is a tech here that actually cares about GSkills reputation would it be possible to get some support here? Or should i just keep going into all the forums i visit (and i do belong to alot of them) and tell people how bad this product support is? Something really needs to be done on the support end of this product.

GSKILL TECH
07-10-2006, 03:12 PM
Back in Feb i bought some GSkill F13200BWU2-1GBGH. They were awesome rams. I havn't been able to find anything that clocks as well. But a few weeks ago one stick went bad on me. I filled out the RMA form paid for the shipping and sent them back. Today i recieved my replacment pair. I installed them only to find out they had sent me another pair with a bad stick. It was a huge dissapointment. So now i have to go through the whole process again i think. This is really a bit unfair that i should have to keep paying all this money for shipping. Gskill has no actual phone number for people to call and it takes forever to get a reply from them via e-mail. It seems the support for some of the best ram on the planet is less than one would expect. I mean really, ya think they would test the ram before they send it out. Or at least give a phone number to call. The worst part is i am involved in the forum wars and this is a huge setback because i cant bench without it. I have some OCZ ram that dosnt clock as well but at least if it goes bad i know i'll be able to pick up the phone and talk to someone about the problem and get answers. Today while at work i remembered that this site had GSkill support. If there is a tech here that actually cares about GSkills reputation would it be possible to get some support here? Or should i just keep going into all the forums i visit (and i do belong to alot of them) and tell people how bad this product support is? Something really needs to be done on the support end of this product.
we do have the phone number while custom request it.
the replacement kit is new and never use. if you don't mind i can issue you the ups return label.

GFDuke
07-10-2006, 03:46 PM
we do have the phone number while custom request it.
the replacement kit is new and never use. if you don't mind i can issue you the ups return label.
If you are willing to issue the Return label thats ok with me. How about cross shipping some new rams along with the return label.
And, might i ask why a phone number is upon request only? What the heck kind of support is that?
I like the GSkill rams very much and i want to stay with this product.

GSKILL TECH
07-10-2006, 03:57 PM
please email your RMA# to ustech@gskill.com or support@gskill.com i will issue you a ups return label. reason for no phone support? because most the email reply within 5~10min during working hour (PST 9:00am~5:30pm)

and i remember correctlly, your rma turn around time is less than a week.

GFDuke
07-10-2006, 04:19 PM
So i have to submit another rma form? I waited 2 days for my RMA number the last time. Turnaround time was 12 days. But thats probably because of the holiday. I sent an e-mail at 1:54 est today to ustech@gskill.com. And no one has answered me yet. It is now 8:20 est. Thats an awful long 5-10 min. and within the working hours.

GSKILL TECH
07-10-2006, 04:29 PM
i didn't receive your email today? which email address you sent?
ustech@gskill.com or support@gskill.com?

just email me your ema# to my email. if you send to other of cuz no answer... they are in Taiwan....

GSKILL TECH
07-10-2006, 04:36 PM
well i have to go now, just email me your RMA# and i will take care of this
mostly i work at night to 11pm also. so just email me the rma# so i can help you out here

GFDuke
07-10-2006, 04:39 PM
I dont have a rma number yet. i sent the mail to ustech@gskill.com
I just sent the rma form to that same addy.
Edit; I also sent a form to the RMA@gskill.com for a number.

GSKILL TECH
07-10-2006, 05:24 PM
I dont have a rma number yet. i sent the mail to ustech@gskill.com
I just sent the rma form to that same addy.
Edit; I also sent a form to the RMA@gskill.com for a number.
just pull out your file and fouNd out that your 1st RMA item is actually "GOOD". but i did Fedex you a new one at July-5th with express saver.
i had issue you a ups groud return label. please check your email.

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Are you saying that ram i returned was good? There is no way that ram was good. I can't tell you how many times i tried to get that ram to work. I am using the same setup on my system that worked since February. Nothing has changed except for my Hard Drives and i changed them up after i had the ram problem. The same thing with this set i just got. One stick works the other will not. And they definately will not work together.

I have recieved your ups return label and will be sending it out today.

Thank you very much for your support. This is the kind of support i would expect.

So do i need a RMA number or should i use the first RMA number that was issued or should i wait for the new RMA number that i requested yesterday??

I am now really confused as to what steps i need to take. Could you explain?

GSKILL TECH
07-11-2006, 07:56 AM
if you send to the right us office's eamil, you will recevie the KINGs service! i am serious! We reply all email mostly within 5~10min. you can use your old RMA number. i am not lying to you. your old GH i just pull out and runing it again! yes that is 512*2 working with 2.7v DDR410 2-2-2-5-7-14-2-2-1-2 in Dfi Ultra-D mobo

now you only need to pick your ram, using that return label, use your old rma number, and send it to us. once i receive it i will test it again! i will mail out at the same business day or next business day as rma policy stated.

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 08:05 AM
Ok i will send it today. Unbelievable. I still cant believe that ram is working. If this ram works when you get it i'll die. I have tested it at least 5 times. Ont this board and on a intel board i have. On its own with 2.8 vdimm and same timings. Single and dual channel. When you get it back you will see what stick i have found to be bad. Its funny that my pc wouldnt boot with those after using them for 5 months all of a sudden and my OCZ ram booted no problem.

GSKILL TECH
07-11-2006, 08:47 AM
Ok i will send it today. Unbelievable. I still cant believe that ram is working. If this ram works when you get it i'll die. I have tested it at least 5 times. Ont this board and on a intel board i have. On its own with 2.8 vdimm and same timings. Single and dual channel. When you get it back you will see what stick i have found to be bad. Its funny that my pc wouldnt boot with those after using them for 5 months all of a sudden and my OCZ ram booted no problem.
i am really sorry for it. those replacement is new and never use. they did test it before we ship out. i am not claiming that anything at your end has problem. but we never know what happened during shipping.

your old one does working good on our test machine. it is DFi ultra-D with 3000+ process. bios 703-1. I passed 500% memtest under windows, along with 32M running. 3D passed with CPU tests.

btw. do you try to "clean" the memory pin and see it works? something those pin gets some reaction with air. it might be dirty. try to clean it with alcohol

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 08:59 AM
I've already shipped them out. I hope you will be sending some new rams and not my old one that you say work.

GSKILL TECH
07-11-2006, 09:14 AM
I've already shipped them out. I hope you will be sending some new rams and not my old one that you say work.
lol
it won't happen to any of our RMA item.
even it is "good". it still need to send back to Taiwan and running some more ram stress tests to ensure there are 200% nothing wrong.

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 09:17 AM
Thank you. I hope this works out.

mnewxcv
07-11-2006, 09:21 AM
what does the ocz do? is it same volts same timings? maybe your psu isnt up to task? u have 2.6ghz dual core, 2 7900gt's, wcing, and 4 hdds. its gotta be stressed.

GFDuke
07-11-2006, 10:43 AM
Same timings, same voltage. I have a 600 watt psu its plenty. All my fans, water cooling and pumps run off a separate 500watt psu bro. The GSkills just clock better. They worked for 5 months before they stb man.

GFDuke
07-19-2006, 01:17 PM
Well...how did the testing go? I am curious to hear your results. By the way thank you for the phone number. :)