PDA

View Full Version : prommie super setup

barbiegirl
03-04-2003, 08:31 PM
im ordering my prommie tommorrow and i was woundering what ca you do to it to improve it. i heard a fan exchange on core to 120mm would help. i just purchased a ystech 120mm tornado that pushes 134.5 cfms to put on it. would that be good and what else can you do to it? i heard changing the 134a to 404a would help it, will the system support it? has anyone done it? if so what are the advantages over stock setup. and should i do it? what else can be done to the system to hop it up. im building a new system from the ground up. any suggestions welcomed. please see my other post new system. please help me build a kickass setup. please respond , thank you everyone! love barbiegirl:smileysex

mike.elmes
03-05-2003, 07:50 PM
Barbiegirl,
your just what we need around here....some fresh perspective.:)

Welcome to xtreme!!

True....there are some tweaks to slightly improve the prom, however, the damn things are pretty rockin right out of the box.:D

The case they ship with...well sux, compare to say a lianli aluminum. There are a few members around here with a lianli-prometeia.

My belief is that you can buy better hardware to go in your new prom that will make it a kick ass system.

Are you an AMD gal or an Intel gal??

Hell... most of us around here have both. I am running an xp2700+@2880 in a kd7 but now have just changed to an epox 8rda+ to get into some dual channel Nforce action. I also have a P4 2.66@3.3 IN A Vapoclassic.

We modify everything and void as many warranties as possible.

See what your getting into around here.
;) mike

barbiegirl
03-05-2003, 08:18 PM
hi thanks for responding im a amd gal did you see my other post: new system? im trying to put something kickass together. the more i look and look the more my head hurts.....he he!! what did you mean you could put better components in? i would really like to hear what you got to say. please respond. thanks.......barbiegirl:smileysex

mike.elmes
03-06-2003, 10:39 AM
Thanx for asking...I am a phase change junkie...Started with a Vapochill a couple of years ago, and now I am sporting a prom and 2 vapo's with an air cooled backup.:D

What I was getting at was the prom is a killer unit "as is".

True... for a few bucks you could change the fans on the condenser, but the thing runs very quiet and very cold withought modding it. What I was getting at was buy the cooling unit and a nice tower: LianLi ...of course...and mod the prom later, after you buy all your components. Get the best you can afford. Barton would be nice, but I feel you could get a faster processor without the Barton. Later,when the bartons improve,and drop in price...upgrade then. My xp2700+ out performs the 2500+barton
anyday, as it overclocks higher.

My board suggestions would be the Epox 8rda+ since its easily the fastest and easiest to mod. Or better yet if modding mobo's aren't your thing ...the NF7 rev 1.2....It is killer right out of the box. Ram: buy the best Hyperx or Corsair...fastest you can get.

You must get a rockey raid card as well to run all those hhd's....

Everyone on this site will help wherever we can...trust me our members will SPOIL you.:toast: