PDA

View Full Version : Yellow led on Powerstream 520W ?????

toledo
07-08-2006, 04:58 PM
I'm getting a yellow led on the 3.3v line on my OCZ powerstream 520W ,of course i know it indicates my 3.3v line is under the - 5% tolerance . I tried to adjust it up but suddenly tuns to red ( above +5% ) . No matter what i try i can't get it to green for some reason .

My rig :

Intel 975xbx "Bad Axe" / P4 651 / X1900GT/ 1 SATA II 250Gb HD / 1 Raptor 36Gb

What is going on ? Any ideias ?

Thanks . ;)

Delirious
07-08-2006, 05:09 PM
The adjustments are very sensitive, only requires small turns. You really need to use a multimeter to fine tune it if you arent already.

toledo
07-08-2006, 05:38 PM
The adjustments are very sensitive, only requires small turns. You really need to use a multimeter to fine tune it if you arent already.

I understand that , but i am supposed to get the green led using small turns and it is not happening here .... it is either yellow or red :( . I haven't checked my rails with a multimiter yet , but if i canĀ“t trust in the colors so ...What are the leds for ? :confused:

Thanks for answering Delirious , lets see if the OCZ guys have something to say ...

toledo
07-12-2006, 01:09 PM
Where are the OCZ guys ?

Delirious
07-12-2006, 01:23 PM
Did u try emailing them?

U can also go over to http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/index.php They have a support forum for OCZ as well, i think it gets more traffic.

RPGWiZaRD
07-12-2006, 03:36 PM
All my 3 leds are only either yellow or red, no big deal. I've used multimeter to measure and adjust the rails anyways. 12v @ 12.21v, 5v @ 5.11v, 3.3v @ 3.39v according to the multimeter.

RyderOCZ
07-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Saying that the Green LED is green is pretty subjective....mine are all "yellowish green" when adjusted properly with a DMM.

If it bothers you that they don't display green (the only real problem here is if they show red) email me so we can get it replaced, email is in my Sig.

toledo
07-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Saying that the Green LED is green is pretty subjective....mine are all "yellowish green" when adjusted properly with a DMM.

If it bothers you that they don't display green (the only real problem here is if they show red) email me so we can get it replaced, email is in my Sig.

No it does not bother me , as long as the voltages are right ( haven't checked yet ) . I found very strange the fact that they were all green ( i mean real green :D ) before and now one of the lights is either yellow or red . The closest i can get from green is on the picture below .

http://geocities.yahoo.com.br/marcelo_alves_toledo/oczps.JPG

Is this color change normal during product life ?

Thanks for answering Rider ;)

RyderOCZ
07-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Wow....your's were a lot greener than mine ever were. It could also be just that the LED has "lost its proper coloring" for lack of a better term.

Verify that the voltage changes when you turn the pots using a multimeter and we will be fine :D

kiwi
07-13-2006, 03:33 PM
My leds are perfect and distinct color - red, green and yellow :)

toledo
07-13-2006, 03:45 PM
Wow....your's were a lot greener than mine ever were. It could also be just that the LED has "lost its proper coloring" for lack of a better term.

Verify that the voltage changes when you turn the pots using a multimeter and we will be fine :D

Ok ....i will buy another DMM ( mine is broken ) and i will check soon . The Intel desktop monitor is showing 3.283~3.3v .

My leds are perfect and distinct color - red, green and yellow :)

...mine use to be this way also . Now it is " almost " green :D

Delirious
07-13-2006, 05:40 PM

This is true, leds do loose thier color if they are run at theyre max output for long.

I willing to bet its just the led is a little wacky. Test the rails though and well know for sure.

toledo
07-25-2006, 12:36 PM
This is true, leds do loose thier color if they are run at theyre max output for long.

I willing to bet its just the led is a little wacky. Test the rails though and well know for sure.

I just checked with a DMM and it is OK . 12.2v / 5.12v / 3.3v and btw it is still yellow :D . I also notice that a lot of people complain about the same " issue " regarding yellow/green led on Powerstreams . My suggestion for OCZ is get rid of the leds / choose another color or just turn the leds on if the voltage is off by 5% .

Thanks guys .