PDA

View Full Version : Finally got enough money...

Visionary
07-05-2006, 05:43 PM
Ok guys, Well I have finally gathered enough money to watercool my rig. The problem I am having is that my computer currently seems like it is running a little warm, so I need to order this stuff relatively quick. I was thinking about parts and let me know if you guys agree/disagree and why. Help needed on some, oh and the GPU idle temp is 43-45 C
Pump - Mcp655 or D5 (same thing I believe)
CPU block - TDX (brass) or Apogee
GPU block - I have a 7900 GTX, Help me on this one
Chipset block - Maze4
1/2 Tygon tubing or clearflex
Radiator - Black Ice Xtreme II

If I missed anything add it in, if not.. Let me know the best prices to get these items, Dangerden, frozen cpu etc... Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

ferrari_freak
07-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Hey Visionary, welcome to XS :woot: :toast: :banana: .

First of all, let me start off with a question for you, how much is your budget and then we can help you out from there on what parts to get for your specific price range. Anyway, first of all, do you really need a chipset cooler? Your stock cooler, or a third party air cooler from Zalman or something will do your chipset just fine and will save you a lot of money while increasing the flow of your loop. With the saved money you can go with a Swiftech Storm for your CPU. As for the GPU, a good non restrictive block is the Maze4. I haven't been with the watercooling news for a while now so I might not have the best advice for you but yeah, that's my opinion of the parts out there ^^. Good luck to you and welcome to XS again.

Usama aka Ferrari Freak

ReD.SkY
07-05-2006, 06:14 PM
Pump - Mcp655 or D5 (same thing I believe) DDC+ Ultra w/ plexi top or radiical top
CPU block - TDX (brass) or Apogee Swiftech/cathar Storm or MP-05 Pro/SP LE
GPU block - I have a 7900 GTX, Help me on this one Swiftech MCW-60 w/ ramsinks
Chipset block - Maze4 swiftech MCW30 as it has less restriction
1/2 Tygon tubing or clearflex or Masterkleer 7/16ID, 5/8OD
Radiator - Black Ice Xtreme II not unless u are using above 100cfm fans... get a thermochill PA120.2/3 or a swiftech MCR220/320

Visionary
07-05-2006, 06:32 PM
Thanks alot, Also I have the Asus A8N-SLI board, 4200+ Dual core cpu... Corsair XMS ram, 7900 gtx as I said earlier... Also there is really no budget.. If my computer runs better and more efficiently then there is no price. Thanks again

ReD.SkY
07-05-2006, 06:35 PM
case? go for a PA120.3 if u can fit it :D

FragTek
07-05-2006, 06:50 PM
Your list looks pretty good mate!

I would take the Apogee over the TDX and I'd swap out the radiator for a PA120.3 or an HE120.3. As for the tubing you should definately go with the 5/8od Masterkleer, it's almost impossible to kink and it's tough as hell to stain.

Other than that the list looks pretty darn good, you could also look at switching the Maze4 chippy block to the Swifty that Red.Sky mentioned, also a great block.

Show us some pix once you have everything and get it all installed!

Visionary
07-06-2006, 12:24 PM
I failed to mention that I have the 4200+ dual core, Don't know how much luck people have had with overclocking but I intend to overclock.. Do you suggest anything else ? I want to order my parts hopefully tonight.. Where are some good places to buy from ? Thanks

nealh
07-06-2006, 12:27 PM
MCP655=D5

I like Red Sky's suggestions

ReD.SkY
07-06-2006, 12:37 PM
perormance-pcs.com and jab-tech.com will have everything u want.