PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with my connection?

vudoodoodoo
07-05-2006, 10:42 AM
I have DSL w/ Verizon. Every night around 8PM, my connection would drop constantly. I'd turn off/on the router to get connection again just to have it drop after a minute. This happens for about 10 times and then I'd give up. This only happens at night. Barely have the connection drop during the day. Verizon customer service doesn't know what's wrong.
Another problem is w/ some site not working. Gmail main page would load up, but it won't let me get into my account. I'd put in my name/ps and the page just won't load. Google barely works. Google Image search won't even most of the pics. Ocforums won't work. Alot of other site don't work. My sister has Verizon DSL downstairs from me and all those sites work w/o a problem. I'd connect to her wireless Netgear router and was able to browse thos sites w/o a problem.
My router is Netgear. I even bought a new Linksys router to check. Still the same thing. I believe all the ports are open.
Kinda lost here. =/

Zenphic
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
Although my ISP is different from yours, I've been having such things happend to me also. Every night my connection would to drop about 1/5 of the speed it was during the day. Maybe it's because too many go online at night (and use Bittorrent or such) so Verizon (and my ISP also) throttles everybody's connection down to consume less bandwidth? I wonder... :(