PDA

View Full Version : I was just THINKING about the vmod and it happened!!

Xenogias
03-03-2003, 05:55 PM
This is really bizarre. I've been talking to Hipro about how to best perform the VDDR mod to the IT7-max2 v.2 with all 6 resistors. I left for the weekend and set my computer to burn in some new ram. When i came back my computer was cut off and when i turned it back in it would stay in windows for a few minutes before it would do a memory dump and restart. well, I ran winxp's "fixboot" from the recovery console and It let me hang around in windows for a while. I'm currently typing on the machine. I noticed MBM was listing my VDDR voltage as 3.26. I thought to myself, "hmm, this has to be wrong" but then I installed winbond's hardward doctor and it listed my vddr as 3.26 AND my VTT as 1.63, both of which are out of spec. Changing vddr in bios seems to have no effect, and I'm worried about stability. What does VTT do, and is that voltage unsafe. I don't feel like doing an RMA, especially if this 3.26v for DDR is going to help me clcok higher with my ram.... Oh, and my 3.3v line is at 3.28v so there's very little resistence between it and my vddr.

Xenogias
03-03-2003, 06:19 PM
A little update,

I stuck my new stick of ram in there (I was testing it with an old 256MB stick of generic PC3200) and the vdimm went back to 2.97v. I then stuck the older 256MB stick back in and it went back up to 3.26. hmm....Its stable through 3dmark and I'm clocking a hell of a lot higher on this stick than ever before. I couldnt even get it to rated speeds before. I got a pics to back this up if anyone's interested--or if someone would be kind enough to host them. They are of MBM and hardware doctor show my 3.3v line as 3.28, which proves its not Hipro's mod as he had to mod his psu's 3.3v line up to 3.64 to get such high volts

OneProdigy
03-24-2003, 01:34 AM
Sounds very similar to what happened to me! ;)
I did the vdimm mod on my IT7-Max2 V2 (the version with the missing resistor) but unfortunately it didn't work.
Hipro5 told me this mod wouldn't work on the mobo with the missing resistor, so i removed all modifications and...vdimm was set to 3.26V no matter what value i set it to in bios! :confused:

Bios reset did't help either...