PDA

View Full Version : Any Cheap WD Raptor?

DarkSephiroth
07-02-2006, 11:45 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a cheap Raptor? I'm looking for 2 so i can RAID them. Newegg got them for $140 but i thought, i'd give it a shot for a cheaper one

Metroid
07-02-2006, 12:41 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a cheap Raptor? I'm looking for 2 so i can RAID them. Newegg got them for $140 but i thought, i'd give it a shot for a cheaper one

Really I do not think you will get 1 less than that.:stick:

[XC] Angstrom
07-02-2006, 12:53 PM
New, at least.

BlackX
07-02-2006, 01:38 PM

Good luck searching and be so king to post a link here when you find raptor cheaper than 140$ ;) oh sorry, IF you find cheaper than 140$ :p:

btw what capacity you prefer?

couppi
07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
Ebay if you're comfortable.

Vric
07-02-2006, 06:38 PM
If you already have a WD drive (any years) WD offer a "upgrade" program that allow you to buy their hard drive for cheaper. Just look in the WD knowledge base, it's there somewhere.

DarkSephiroth
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
If you already have a WD drive (any years) WD offer a "upgrade" program that allow you to buy their hard drive for cheaper. Just look in the WD knowledge base, it's there somewhere.

Damn, I already ordered it on Newegg, but I"m guessing at WD main site, it won't be as cheap as newegg though. Whatever, at least i'll be happy on Wednesday when my drives come :D

Vric
07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Damn, I already ordered it on Newegg, but I"m guessing at WD main site, it won't be as cheap as newegg though. Whatever, at least i'll be happy on Wednesday when my drives come :D
Depend of when you call them. Usually, they have very good price, better than Newegg. But sometime, when order are high, the price are just ok.

Also, doing this will void the memory of the drive you use to have this "upgrade". so try to find a out of warranty drive before doing this.