PDA

View Full Version : Divx Movie Downloads have a Green "fog" over the movies? Help...

Kunaak
03-02-2003, 07:52 PM
As I am unaware of current Divx laws .. .this closely infringes on ''WAREZ'' discussion and can not be public here...

Sorry

JBELL
Xtremesystems Administrator

JBELL
03-03-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Kunaak
As I am unaware of current Divx laws .. .this closely infringes on ''WAREZ'' discussion and can not be public here...

Sorry

JBELL
Xtremesystems Administrator

I am not talking about warez or anything like that, hell I have never even botherd with warez cause I thought that stuffs been gone for like a year.

what I am talking about is DIVX.com

more specifically...

http://www.divx.com/movies/

there you can download Divx movies, and watch them for free, with Divxs permission and knowledge.

what I downloaded and paid with my own money for the right to download was, divx movies, that can be viewed on a short term basis, unless stated taht the movie is free.

what I had was a Sundance Film Festival movie, nominated for some award, called "secretary"

now, if you ever used Divx.coms movie service you get use to one thing, they are slow to help with problems.

the Problem has been solved with alittle time on Divx's own forums, where they recommended a codec called the "Xvid"

this was a legit question, that can be researched easily.

Xvid is a spin off of people from Divx, that developed Divx 3, then branched away from Divx to make a Open Source Codec, thats the Xvid Codec, so to mistake a Xvid movie for a Divx movie is common.

Divx 3 and Divx 5 are very different, and to mistake a offside codec like the Xvid one for Divx isn't too hard.

back open ...