PDA

View Full Version : Audigy 2 Value Problems

Shelnutt2
07-01-2006, 08:42 AM
I turned my computer on and windows loaded, then all of a sudden after I've turned my speakers on I realized that I'm getting no sound, and the speaker in the computer is beeping instead of sound through my speakers. I checked the device manger, and then the sound settings. Its listed under device manger but I have no option to select it in the "Sound and Audio Devices" under control panel. It says no audio devices. Next thing I did was turn my Walkman on, I have it running through the line-in jack, so I can listen to radio sometimes. I get sound playing through that. The volume with my walkman isn't there, but that might be because since windows isn't recognizing it I'm not getting a windows (software) volume boost? I've un-installed and re-installed the drivers. I've checked the PCI bandwidth and its at 33Mhz, right on spec.

Any ideas?

Shelnutt2
07-01-2006, 01:07 PM
bump

Shelnutt2
07-02-2006, 04:58 AM
any help?

Celcius
07-02-2006, 08:17 AM
Have you made sure that "AC '97 audio" is disabled in the bios?
Is the sound card properly seated in it's pci slot?

Vric
07-02-2006, 08:21 AM
I had the same exact problem with an old Audigy (first one)

The card could work perfectly for days, then one day, Windows would simply don't detect it. It was present in Device Manager, but Windows didn't see any sound card. Change the card of PCI slot and it will work again. (or remove it, boot, close, place it back, reboot)

Mine was doing this every weeks or so. It was found to be a defective card. Sadly, once Creative finally admitted it was a faulty card, the warranty was ended and they asked me to pay $50 to repair it + both shipping.. At this price I got a new one it was cheaper.

Now I have a X-FI and it work fine.

Shelnutt2
07-02-2006, 12:18 PM
Well I've got a email into the creative tech support. It is still under warrenty so if its defective. I should be able to get a replacement.

Yes the onboad AC '97 sound is disabled. I've had this card working perfectly for 4 months until two days ago.

stm
07-02-2006, 10:30 PM
mine does it rarely, a simple reboot works for me