PDA

View Full Version : Silverprop Cyclone EvolutionSE

warriorpoet
07-01-2006, 08:25 AM
Has anyone tested it? I'm a bit curious to see if it can outperform my MP-05 SP-LE

linky (http://www.petrastechshop.com/sicyev1so93.html)

edit: props to Petra for allowing side-by-side comparison photos.

Petra
07-01-2006, 01:37 PM
Well, this is the only review that I know of, offhand: http://www.overclockers.com/articles931/

Honestly, I seriously doubt that it could perform on-par with the MP-05 SP LE. Especially since, on the overclockers.com CPU block comparison page, it ranks as having about the same performance as a Swifty MCW6000 but with less of a pressure drop.

The only reason that the price is close to other high-end blocks is simply because the Silverprop blocks cost us quite a lot. (After all, why do you think AquaComputer stuff is expensive in the US?)

EDIT: As a side note, I did offer to send one to Maxxx once he's ready to start reviewing blocks

eXa
07-01-2006, 02:11 PM
from the look of it it semes like most of the water just go straight from inlet to outlet...?

Petra
07-01-2006, 02:27 PM
from the look of it it semes like most of the water just go straight from inlet to outlet...?
Actually, the inlet nozzle is raised to bring it very close to the fins and the outlet is recessed. That, combined with the step in the top surface of the fins, should do well enough to prevent that from happening. The other thing that isn't very clear from the photos is the arc that's at the base of the fins. If you stick a coin in-between the fins and roll it back and fourth, you'll see that the base is rather thick at either end of the fins but gets very, very thin by the time you work your way to the center--I should have taken some photos to better show this. As a result, it's really easy to make a mess if rinsing the base under a faucet or something (water shoots out of the sides of the fins at maybe a 20 or 30 degree angle, iirc) :rolleyes: .

eXa
07-01-2006, 02:44 PM
ok. very good explanation! i understood that!

warriorpoet
07-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Gotcha. Is there anything "mainstream" that does other than the Storm Rev.2?

epion2985
07-01-2006, 04:34 PM
Gotcha. Is there anything "mainstream" that does other than the Storm Rev.2?

G5 anyone lol, not very main stream and its a $300 block but hey :D

warriorpoet
07-01-2006, 04:39 PM
G5 anyone lol, not very main stream and its a $300 block but hey :D
Yeah, that block is the reason I put "mainstream" in there :D