PDA

View Full Version : What language and how would I call in certain items

Noxious020189
06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
I want to make an all in one System Monitor like a motherboard monitor, or system fan. I want to make it so it will tell me only certain things I want it to say. I want to know what language would be best to write this, and in this language how would I call in BIOS and GPU BIOS information? I want a GUI so, somthing like Visual Basic would be nice.

Something Sexy
07-02-2006, 12:53 PM
Visual Basic would probably be easiest. How much programming expirence do you have? If you have a decent amount I would stick with C#. You could try Java, but .NETS GUI creator is MUCH MUCH easier to use.

Noxious020189
07-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Visual Basic would probably be easiest. How much programming expirence do you have? If you have a decent amount I would stick with C#. You could try Java, but .NETS GUI creator is MUCH MUCH easier to use.

I have as much knoledge as the net has, which means I have a thing where I stick to it till I can't find it. I will look for days, but this is why I am posting cause I cannot find how to make one, so I thought someone would have the experince to tell me how to do it, or at least help me out.

If you want to know what I actualy know:

QBASIC
HTML
Excel (No a language, but there are some basic formulas)
C++

^Thats all from a computer programming class, I'm behind one year because I couldn't get in last year (well now two years ago) :(

Something Sexy
07-02-2006, 08:33 PM
I would do .NET in either VB or C#, they can pretty much do the same thing, but if you are a diehard OOP I would just stick with C#. As far as help with code, MSDN and google are your friend, you shouldnt have a problem.

Noxious020189
07-02-2006, 08:48 PM
I would do .NET in either VB or C#, they can pretty much do the same thing, but if you are a diehard OOP I would just stick with C#. As far as help with code, MSDN and google are your friend, you shouldnt have a problem.

Like I said above I research days on end, and after a week of that I just give up and post on fourms. I know other poeple have other ways of finding stuff or know more than me, so thats why I'm asking for help. Even a point in the right direction would be help

EneergE
07-07-2006, 06:30 PM
Learning a programming langauge just to program that is useless. And vb.net is not any remarkable language to possess knowledge of either. If you're really interested in programming, look into C/C++, java, and several types of web languages such as php. Amazon.com has books. If your serious about this, spend some money and read. I have some good PHP books I can recommend to you:

PHP AND MYSQL WEB DEVELOPMENT - Third Edition by Welling Thomson

bundled together with:

BEGINNING PHP AND MYSQL 5 - Second Edition by Jason W. Gilmore

crodan85
07-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Dont know much about programming but you might want to start looking at the SMBus/I2C bus
http://www.smbus.org/