PDA

View Full Version : EK 'Regular' VGA waterblock questions.

Scarlet Infidel
06-27-2006, 12:22 PM
Ive touched on this before, but what are your guys opinions on this block (http://ekwaterblocks.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=21_31_43&products_id=39)compared to something like an mcw60?

Its a little cheaper than an mcw60 but not so much to make it worth it unless its any good.

How do you think it compares in terms of flow resistance (i want my vga block to affect my cpu temps as little as possible) and abviously also performance.

If anyone has this block can they give some input.

Eddy_EK
06-27-2006, 01:04 PM
Havent slod that block otside Slovenia much.
I can tell you that block has great performance and low pressure drop.
Because of the angle of barby you are able to use good ramsinks.

Overconfidence
06-27-2006, 01:31 PM
Hey, I have family in Slovenia :D

Block looks pretty good, though I've never seen any 3rd party reviews of the wave fin design (Anyone?).

Scarlet Infidel
06-27-2006, 01:39 PM
Well thats good news about the barbys because my card already has ramsinks which would otherwise get in the way.

Its a shame that you havent sold many because im sure its a decent block but you are biased. Id really like some real world opinions.

[XC]Atomicpineapple
06-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Well I have a maze 4 and 1 of Eddys block on the way. When I've rebuilt my loop (now for X1900GT slave card X1900 CFE master Xfire) I should be able to give some numbers. Of course I'll remove 1 card and test both the blocks on 1 card.

Scarlet Infidel
06-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Just to make sure, you mean the 'regular' block and not the full cover one?

Thatd be very helpful, id like to see the affects on both vga and cpu temperature.

From what i understand the maze 4 isnt a million miles off an mcw60 so this should answer all my questions.