PDA

View Full Version : Flash Block Verify Error

Carlz0r
06-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Alright, a customer I built a computer for was having problems with their computer shutting down under load. I checked out the ECS website and found out that this motherboard (RS482-M) read CPU temperatures much higher than they really are on E4 and E6 revision cpu's. I went to flash it to the latest bios which fixes this error, and about halfway through it gave me a "Flash Block Verify Error". Am I pretty much :banana::banana::banana::banana:ed, or is there a way I can fix this from in Windows? I've tried both bioses for this motherboard, downloaded from ecs and from other sites, and all of them give me this error. Thanks in advance (calling ECS as well).

learners permit
06-26-2006, 08:20 PM
Disconnect the power cord remove all but one stick of ram and clear cmos using the jumper for a few minutes. Reconnect power and post system. Immediately enter bios and load optimised defaults save and exit. Restart system and reattempt to flash. Hope that helps. Kinda sounds like a borked bios chip but maybe a bad mem module. If that doesn't do it try the other module with the same routine. Good luck.