PDA

View Full Version : AC Aquadrive dual

granulf
06-26-2006, 01:44 PM
I sort of got quite a lot of money on my hands at the moment, and my hard drive is warm and noisy. So I thought I could buy a hard drive cooler :) . So I wondered if anyone got any experience with the AC Aquadrive dual? I've only found one review yet: http://www.xtremecomputing.co.uk/review.php?id=272&page=5

Is it a big problem it's made of aluminium? The rest of my setup is only copper I think. It's anodiazed, will it still pose a problem? I haven't found any similar products for sale yet... :slapass: . And will it add a lot of restriction? Not a huge problem though if it does.

Kain XS
06-26-2006, 02:22 PM
Fillports from Danger Den are Aluminium Made (I think) Anodiazed and many people still dont like it and their having problems.

granulf
06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
Fillports from Danger Den are Aluminium Made (I think) Anodiazed and many people still dont like it and their having problems.

Well I already have a danger den fillport, but it's never in contact with the water really :) . I've never had any problems

coyotetu
06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Well I already have a danger den fillport, but it's never in contact with the water really :) . I've never had any problemsthe condensation in the T-line will make contact with the fillport, not to mention eventually the anodization will wear off at some point.

granulf
06-26-2006, 02:38 PM
the condensation in the T-line will make contact with the fillport, not to mention eventually the anodization will wear off at some point.

Ok, I don't worry about that to be honest ;) . But I ran across this for the same price: http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_info.php/products_id/538/cPath/5_18_22/hard-disk-water-coolers/hdd-watercool-silentstar-hd-dual:.html
Would it be a better choice? How's noise insulation? Noise is my biggest concern...

Praxis1452
06-26-2006, 02:52 PM
Corrosion doesn't worry you.....!?!?!? lol but seriously once the anodization wears off your gonna get ssscccrrrreeewwweeddd....

granulf
06-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Corrosion doesn't worry you.....!?!?!? lol but seriously once the anodization wears off your gonna get ssscccrrrreeewwweeddd....

Because of the fillport? Well you're all very paraonid :clap:

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 03:21 PM
Ok, I don't worry about that to be honest ;) . But I ran across this for the same price: http://www.alphacool.de/xt/product_info.php/products_id/538/cPath/5_18_22/hard-disk-water-coolers/hdd-watercool-silentstar-hd-dual:.html
Would it be a better choice? How's noise insulation? Noise is my biggest concern...
That´s the one I´m using !
Well, more or less... I haven´t baught the case, only the copper waterblocks inside.

heavy but good !

granulf
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
That´s the one I´m using !
Well, more or less... I haven´t baught the case, only the copper waterblocks inside.

heavy but good !

Ok, but it's important for me to reduce noise as much as possible, so I would need lots of insulation :stick: . Do you know if it's enough space in the case to add some extra insulation?
And btw, is it restrictive mate?

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 04:05 PM
I heard the insulation is allready very good but I think there´s also room for some modding.
I´ll search @ forumdeluxx. There are some reports.

I´m actually creating a case by myself using two CD drive cases and some bitumen / foam material.

granulf
06-26-2006, 04:17 PM
I heard the insulation is allready very good but I think there´s also room for some modding.
I´ll search @ forumdeluxx. There are some reports.

I´m actually creating a case by myself using two CD drive cases and some bitumen / foam material.

I searched the forums a bit, although my german isn't all that steady(damn you school!), but it appears to me the silent star would be the best, plus it's copper not alu :) . Hopefully they will come in stock soon... :stick:

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 04:30 PM
Well they say the insulation layers are a bit too thin.
For me , the price would be too high.
I took those copper waterblocks for 40 € and I´ll build the case be myself.

granulf
06-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Well they say the insulation layers are a bit too thin.
For me , the price would be too high.
I took those copper waterblocks for 40 € and I´ll build the case be myself.

Well I haven't find only the naked core yet for sale, so I'd have to go for the case as well...

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 04:36 PM
www.watercool.de ;)

here you can get "2nd choice" components and save a bit money like me:

http://www.watercool.de/cms/forum/thread.php?threadid=2627

my waterblocks have a small scratch and so i could get them for ~40€.
In my insulation-box, those scratches can´t be seen. So it doesn´t matter.

granulf
06-26-2006, 04:38 PM
www.watercool.de ;)

Yeah, but it's german :p:

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 04:42 PM
where do you live and what does the shipping cost ?

granulf
06-26-2006, 04:45 PM
where do you live and what does the shipping cost ?

I'm in norway, so I suspect it could might be very expensive? I think so :p:

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 04:48 PM
Just ask Rico from watercool and maybe it isn´t as expensive as you think.

granulf
06-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Just ask Rico from watercool and maybe it isn´t as expensive as you think.

Is that a guy from the forums here? The problem is I have to pay 25% vat, but then again I can remove german vat(16%). Well, I'll be gone on a vacation for two weeks now, so I'll figure it out later. France, here I come! :cool: :toast:

eLw00d
06-26-2006, 05:00 PM
Look at the second link I gave you, that´s Rico. A watercool coworker. ;)

I hope you´ll enjoy you´re time at france. Paris is a nice city. :)

granulf
06-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Look at the second link I gave you, that´s Rico. A watercool coworker. ;)

I hope you´ll enjoy you´re time at france. Paris is a nice city. :)

Ok, I'll check it out.

No Paris for this guy, I'll be cruising around in a 43 footer through the channels! I just realised I'm gonna get myself killed in this diesel monster... :slapass:

Praxis1452
06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Because of the fillport? Well you're all very paraonid :clap:
Yes because we "don't worry about that" cause it can't harm anything... right? :slap:

Levish
06-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Yes because we "don't worry about that" cause it can't harm anything... right? :slap:

If we are thinking of the same fillport there's no reason water/coolant should be constantly in contact with it. :confused: