PDA

View Full Version : any way to determine what temps will the coldbug strike?

Emperor
06-26-2006, 02:09 AM
i plan to use the usb controller to raise the temps high enough not to cold bug the chip then slowly lower the temps

sorry abt this.

have a vapochill LS on hand. wanted to use the LS to cool a reservoir of my current watercooling setup while running antifreeze in the system then hoping the temps will drop to negative.

saves me the trouble of mounting the LS only to find it cant work at all yet possible to bring to subzero and test. even if it fails to boot at subzero, i can easily unplug the LS and wait for the coolant to warm up. only issue is, my reservoir is plastic and i dont have a proper piping to easily drain the coolant

K404
06-26-2006, 02:12 AM
USB Controller? Vapochill?

You`ve not given us much to go on here... err...if its a 12V compressor, it can be slowed down, which will allow temps to rise, and if you load the CPU the temps will be at their highest, then ya can try and find the coldbug spot...

If the CPU you`re using is that B1 in your sig...might still be too cold even at that

girth_maul
06-26-2006, 04:37 AM
Might be an idea to post this in the phase change forum

Kesnel
06-26-2006, 07:12 AM
If you're talking about cooling the chip in your sig (CCB1E stepping), then it will cold bug very quickly.

You can tell to a certain extent how a chip will take the cold from the mem controller designated in the stepping, but that'll only give you a rough idea, there's no way to tell exactly other than tesitng for yourself.

Emperor
06-27-2006, 05:20 AM
If you're talking about cooling the chip in your sig (CCB1E stepping), then it will cold bug very quickly.

You can tell to a certain extent how a chip will take the cold from the mem controller designated in the stepping, but that'll only give you a rough idea, there's no way to tell exactly other than tesitng for yourself.
what do u mean by "You can tell to a certain extent how a chip will take the cold from the mem controller designated in the stepping, but that'll only give you a rough idea," ???

sorry, pls elaborate

Black Phoenix
06-27-2006, 05:48 AM
what do u mean by "You can tell to a certain extent how a chip will take the cold from the mem controller designated in the stepping, but that'll only give you a rough idea," ???

sorry, pls elaborate
You can't know exactly the coldbug of your CPU because all CPU's are diferent. Even the ones with the same stepping. For example, let's suppose i have an 939 3500+ step CAA2C with coldbug at -55 and yours CAA2C has coldbug at -35. Same stepping, same CPU model, diferent coldbug...

perkam
06-27-2006, 06:07 AM
any way to determine what temps will the coldbug strike?Yes.

You need friends in high places :D :p:

Perkam