PDA

View Full Version : Push or Pull backmounted BIX3

Maxym
06-25-2006, 11:19 PM
3x 120mm Sunon fans + 1x BIX3 radiator
Mounted on the back of my PC.

Since the radiator is moving alot of heat, with the 3 fans mounted on the rad the airflow goes directly into the rear of my case. Hence pushing hot air into my case (alot of gaps/entries for it to enter). Can't really mount the fans on the inside of the radiator to push air away from the case and onto the rad (no room).

Would putting the fans mounted on the radiator in a pull configuration (hence drawing hot air away from the case) Have that drastic an effect?
No shrouds. Would it help with pull?

ReD.SkY
06-25-2006, 11:31 PM
Push is better iirc but less than 1c difference

Ad1tya
06-25-2006, 11:32 PM
Can you post a pic?

I think your talking about something like this...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9215/this5tc.jpg

This is what i would do...

Maxym
06-25-2006, 11:36 PM
Yes thats what i wanted, however ill have great difficulty mounting the fans on the inside. Thats why i want to know, if i threw the fans on the outside (of the rad/case, opposite side of the picture depicted above) in a pull configuration, would there be much difference?
OR
If it was mounted on the outside of the rad except in a push configuration, which IMO would blow hot air throughout the case.

Just after the best efficiency, if its barely any diff well i'll save myself the hassle of custom mountin brackets just to get the fans on the inside of the rad (by inside of rad i mean as in picture above).

Ad1tya
06-25-2006, 11:40 PM
I think youll just have to buy a Radbox..

Here.. http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/mciraho.html

Maxym
06-26-2006, 12:21 AM
cant really afford 3 of those radbox's

Plus my radiator is going to be orrientated with the barbs at the bottom. CM Stacker case, so i have 2x80mm fan holes which the barbs are going through. Not the 120mm one at the top the radbox would mount onto.

Realistically i dotn think the differences are going to be that much. Just wanted to hear someone who'd actually tested it heh.

m0da
06-26-2006, 12:34 AM
You'd only need one radbox. The radbox can also be fit onto an 80mm fan hole. Basically the radbox will only be attached to the top fan and hopefully this'll support the rest of the fans/the bix3. So.. 1 radbox will do it.
The only problem might be the height of the bix3. in any case you can hook the radbox onto the middle fan. Anyway, you should be good w/1.

ReD.SkY
06-26-2006, 12:40 AM
only 1 radbox is needed... u dont even need a radbox lol

just use the frame of a 120mm fan

Maxym
06-26-2006, 02:21 AM
i like it :)
thanks for help