PDA

View Full Version : kinda generic questions (2)

Attitudx
03-01-2003, 07:36 AM
ON ie when trying to click on a link or open a new window by clicking on a link, it will bring up the new window and just set there. It doesnt matter if it is java or just a regular page like opening up my pms in a new window. IF you copy the shortcut link and then go to file new window and paste it works fine. it did this to me before and it lead to a format reinstall. It worked fine. The only thing i can figure out is that an auto update from microsoft killed it. Netscape 7 works fine with no problems.

Also any ideas about what would be making my computer reboot randomly whenever it wants to? I think might be a stick of generic ram is bad, but it kinda does it no matter. Right now I am running an msi k7t amd xp 1700 @ stock, overclocked or stock it does this any ideas about either?? Just about to pull what hair I have left out!! LOL:stick:

Smizack
03-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Did you get SP1 for IE6 yet? That might help it.

Oh and I had been having a few random reboots. It turned out to be a harddrive I suspected.

JBELL
03-01-2003, 11:26 AM
hmm no idea here sorry bro - will look out for some though

Attitudx
03-01-2003, 03:34 PM
hmm that would not be good do to the fact that if it is the harddrive it is my only 10g maxtor dang it i hope not. also with sp1 no i havent gotten that yet