PDA

View Full Version : Stacked Pelts? Any experiences?

zippyc
03-01-2003, 04:00 AM
Greetings!

I have a great watercooling setup and am planning my next move to colder days and faster days.

I am wondering if anyone has layered a 70 and 226 pelt together on an XP2200 or better, and if they were cooling the hot side with room temp H2O. (Or something similar.)

What kind of CPU temps (at full load) are people getting with properly implemented pelt. systems?

I was also planning on adding a temp controlled power pulse module, one like you might find at variablepc.com, to keep the big one from jamming (power on)all the time even when the computer is at idle.

Any experiences you have seen and can share (with layered pelts) would be appreciated.

hedge
03-01-2003, 08:25 PM
Correct me someone if I am wrong, but I don't think you will see a huge gain stacking peltiers. Besides the huge current demands made by both tecs, you will just benefit from the 70 watt tec and the 225 watt tec will be wasted by just cooling the 70 watt one. The more ideal way is to use just a 226 watt and then use chilled water to cool the hot side. Those are my thoughts.

hedge

zippyc
03-01-2003, 08:35 PM
and since posting the question I realise that one would have to have both on full time, even if one of two is powered off it basically becomes a layer of insulation and u r screwed...