PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question?

vegettoxp
06-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Hey Guys

I will make this story as short as possible. Right now I have a 875PBZ Intel Board and when ever I plug in BLUE LED 120mm Fan on to the board. I have a problem. The fans are being controlled by the board. The problem is the the fans work fine, but the LED Fliker.

Now I don't know if anybody has tested the new motherboard (975X) and plugged an LED fan that is being controlled by the Motherboard.

If anybody has tried what I am doing and can help me out, I would be really thankful. Please Help. I really want the new system that I plan to build to have Blude Led 120mm Fans to be controlled by the board with no problems.

THX!:woot:

P.S. Fusion:woot: :banana: :banana:

Lestat
06-24-2006, 09:52 PM
ok and do the fan led's flicker when you plug them into a molex using a 3pin to 4 pin adapter ?
do they flicker using a fan controller

the flickering is caused from to low of voltage to the fan.
i have a few that do that and did do it on the 975X Asus board. they do that from too low of voltage on the fan since the led's run off the same voltage line as the fan does.
if you use a fan controller and turn them way down some fan's LED's cant handle that low of voltage so they flicker. usually only the el cheapo fans do that though.
let a motherboard control the fan speed isnt the best idea anyways the speeds go up and down up and down and it gets annoying.
i'd just grab a cheap fan controller off ebay or local pc shop.
fans also draw power form the motherboard.

i used to have 875PBZ mobo, good solid board.

vegettoxp
06-24-2006, 10:07 PM
They only fliker when they are connected to the motherboard!
I am pretty sure that if I connect them threw molex, they will work fine!

Thx!:woot:

ksimp88
06-24-2006, 10:08 PM
yes, some fan controllers(or motherboards with integrated controllers) cause flickering LED lights. just connect it to a molex, and you'll be good to go, like that taco bell commercial...
Nice triple post, try using the edit button if your posts are within 30 minutes or so.