PDA

View Full Version : With all the new teams flying about

[XC]thewildblue
06-24-2006, 08:30 AM
I feel that its a good idea that maybe a Mod or a Team captain create the teams for XS. This way there wont be problems like with seti ( 3 different teams) or with Majestic 12 ( UC not giving the password).

If you then find a project that you feel we should have a team in just put the details up and it can be created.

What do you guys think of this, again its only an idea.

LP_
06-24-2006, 08:42 AM
I feel that its a good idea that maybe a Mod or a Team captain create the teams for XS. This way there wont be problems like with seti ( 3 different teams) or with Majestic 12 ( UC not giving the password).

If you then find a project that you feel we should have a team in just put the details up and it can be created.

I think it's an excellent idea. I did create a Malaria@Home team, but only because I couldn't see running it and letting my points go into a black hole, when they could be accumulating for the team.
I will happily hand over ownership to you, wildblue, since you are both mod and a Malaria team member. :)

[XC]thewildblue
06-24-2006, 08:46 AM
Lol I thought you said I had malaria for a moment......

Lets see what the consensus is first and go from there. I wouldnt want to jump the gun so to speak.

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Good idea would solve a lot of hastle that is providing who ever's job it is to start a team is around frequent enough to do it, I know how frustrating it is when you want to start a new project but have to wait :p: but yeah it's a good idea. :toast:

LP_
06-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Lol I thought you said I had malaria for a moment......

Lets see what the consensus is first and go from there. I wouldnt want to jump the gun so to speak.

Lol.. ok, just let me know.:)

Jose
06-24-2006, 09:20 AM
IMHO.... At least one administrator and the moderators that are set up for this section should be given by those who have setup XtremeSystems Teams that fall under this area a copy of the account number and or the passowrd combo that can grant access to the team administrative functions.
This precaution is very needed ... lets forget about UC, how about if a guys computer crashes and with it his accounts for the teams he founded or worst the person goes to "Dc community in the sky" ?

I am making a list of all the passwords and or accounts of the teams I have formed/founded. I am Waiting for the Eon password so I can send my list to NJKID and to the moderators of this section. I am also waiting for the confirmation of the registration of the Euler team in the vault.

Also please remeber what Victor said: each team should have a captain selected from among its members.

LP_
06-24-2006, 09:36 AM
Jose, I just tried EON again and found it ZZZZZZ.. sleeping. So I wouldn't put too much stock in running it.
Maybe Muon would be a better choice? and I think we already have a team.

Jose
06-24-2006, 09:42 AM
Stil e need the team account data for when it wakes up :)

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 09:44 AM
I forgot about dpad i started a team and if you put the [XS] tag infront of your name you auto join XS which is handy. I found the project boring but efficient and it was non boinc i think so it was a pleasent change for a while. I think i dragged us out of last place. :)

Martijn
06-24-2006, 10:32 AM
What about an extra board over here as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams ;)

LP_
06-24-2006, 10:40 AM
What about a lounge in this board as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams ;)

How many projects have passwords?

I agree we need a place to discuss things in private, but think only a mod/admin and team captain needs access to project passwords.
I don't think they should be posted anywhere.

[XC]thewildblue
06-24-2006, 10:56 AM
What about a ssushhh in this board as well, and place the passwords in there, otherwise anyone could take over our teams ;)

remember the oath.....;)

Rinsewand
06-24-2006, 11:05 AM
yeah, makes sense...

[XC] riptide
08-24-2006, 04:33 AM
I forgot about dpad i started a team and if you put the [XS] tag infront of your name you auto join XS which is handy. I found the project boring but efficient and it was non boinc i think so it was a pleasent change for a while. I think i dragged us out of last place. :)
I just put my work machine on DPAD. Its the easiest project to sneakernet. Anyone interested in this if you have boxes with absolutely no chance of internet access.... and you want an easy one to sneakernet look at this guide here.... http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10793&highlight=sneakernetNow the config section that empeppe copied into the thread is a little slimmed down from the one that comes with the installer... so not sure... but I copied and pasted the contents into my config file. We'll see how it goes.

em99010pepe
08-24-2006, 05:45 AM
I just put my work machine on DPAD. Its the easiest project to sneakernet. Anyone interested in this if you have boxes with absolutely no chance of internet access.... and you want an easy one to sneakernet look at this guide here.... http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=10793&highlight=sneakernetNow the config section that empeppe copied into the thread is a little slimmed down from the one that comes with the installer... so not sure... but I copied and pasted the contents into my config file. We'll see how it goes.

That's an old thread, I don't know if the contents of the config file are equal from version to version so don't copy that content to the current one you have.
The new one:

Resolution (XxY or 'auto'): auto
Priority for background running ([N]ormal, [L]ow, [B]ackground): B
Threads (number or 'auto'): auto
Auto-send results ([Y]es, [N]o): N
Results upload method ('FTP' or 'HTTP'): HTTP
Use proxy server for HTTP downloads (server,port or 'no'): no
Auto-save interval (seconds; 0 for no save): 240
Update lattice files from web every N hours (0=don't): 12
Download sample results file after a number of days (0=don't): 3
Sample file behaviour - use [L]atest only, or [A]ccumulate: L
Sample file URL (.bin allowed): http://stephenbrooks.org/muon1/samplefiles/{lattice}_100.bin
Preferred lattices (comma-separated list or 'none'): none
TrialType ratios: Mutate=3;Crossover=3;Interpolate=3;Extrapolate=3;M uSpherical=3;MuOne=3;Extreme=1;LocalGrad=3;TopoSmo oth=2;
Particles per extra thread (limits threading overhead): 100
Rechecks for best-so-far results (min. 5): 5
FTP command call: ftp -s:script.ftp
Use passive (PASV) mode for FTP transfers: N
Use old FTP calling method (as pre-v4.34; can hang, but more compatible with ZoneAlarm): N

[XC] riptide
08-24-2006, 05:53 AM
When do i upload on the connected computer? Do I copy or cut the results.txt file?

em99010pepe
08-24-2006, 06:00 AM
When do i upload on the connected computer? Do I copy or cut the results.txt file?

When you get at least 10KB in size. Don't need to cut or paste the results, just move the results.txt file to the online machine.

[XC] riptide
08-24-2006, 06:07 AM
When you get at least 10KB in size. Don't need to cut or paste the results, just move the results.txt file to the online machine.
Ok So a new results.txt will spawn in its place as the project keeps crunching? And I just keep moving them to upload! briiliant!(When I say cut and paste I mean cut and paste the 'entire file' itself, not the contents):D

em99010pepe
08-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Ok So a new results.txt will spawn in its place as the project keeps crunching? And I just keep moving them to upload! briiliant!(When I say cut and paste I mean cut and paste the 'entire file' itself, not the contents):D

Yes. Yes. Ok.

Carlos

[XC]melymel
08-24-2006, 06:49 AM
Is a p3 any good at DPAD? I have one idle as it has no internet :(.

[XC] riptide
08-24-2006, 06:57 AM
Is a p3 any good at DPAD? I have one idle as it has no internet :(.
Jesus That reminds me. my dad hasn't got DSL yet, but I built him a PC a couple of months ago!!!! maybe I'll sort that out on it too! Hey mely, the [XS] tag in the user file. is that before or after the name? eg. [XS]riptide?

WesM63
08-24-2006, 07:03 AM
twb,
Sounds good to me. Or at least somewhere where the info is readily avalable.

[XC] riptide
08-24-2006, 08:44 AM
twb,
Sounds good to me. Or at least somewhere where the info is readily avalable.
What? TWB started this thread a while ago if you referring to passwords etc! ;)

KaptainBlaZzed
08-24-2006, 10:28 AM
Jose, I just tried EON again and found it ZZZZZZ.. sleeping. So I wouldn't put too much stock in running it.
Maybe Muon would be a better choice? and I think we already have a team.

no more ZZZZZZZZZ for eOn, I have work:woot:

[XC]melymel
08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
eg. [XS]riptide?

Correct... I think :p:

UCmajewski
08-24-2006, 09:54 PM

I did give the account over .... as promised .. the pass everything ... but the maj 12 site never updated the change for a long while... I told this over and over to the person trying to change over the leadership. I did start the team and drew interest to the project. the leader role in maj 12 wasnt very important anyhow .. I couldnt do much even when I had it .... just the person asking for the pass also was trying to photshop pictures of me.

[XC] DragonOrta
08-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Jesus That reminds me. my dad hasn't got DSL yet, but I built him a PC a couple of months ago!!!! maybe I'll sort that out on it too! Hey mely, the [XS] tag in the user file. is that before or after the name? eg. [XS]riptide?
It doesn't matter, as long as the team name is in brackets. I.E. [XS]Riptide will be the same as Riptide[XS].

[XC]melymel
08-25-2006, 06:30 AM
I did give the account over .... as promised .. the pass everything ... but the maj 12 site never updated the change for a long while... I told this over and over to the person trying to change over the leadership. I did start the team and drew interest to the project. the leader role in maj 12 wasnt very important anyhow .. I couldnt do much even when I had it .... just the person asking for the pass also was trying to photshop pictures of me.

It's an old thread UC, that's all been sorted out now. :toast:

[XC] riptide
08-25-2006, 08:36 AM
Who? Haltech?

glennpat
10-24-2007, 12:43 PM
Not sure where this thead ended up. Could we get a team started on Lattice for XtremeSystems. Link is http://boinc.umiacs.umd.edu/. Looks like it might go to the vault soon? Thanks.

[XC] riptide
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM
Over 1 year old Thread revival FTW!!!! :woot:

glennpat
10-25-2007, 12:38 PM
I decided to just go ahead an create a team on Lattice.

[XC] riptide
10-25-2007, 01:27 PM
I decided to just go ahead an create a team on Lattice.

Good man. :clap: PM thewildblue any info that may be required etc ...

glennpat
10-25-2007, 04:12 PM
Team setup went ok. Just waiting for an update of stats.free-dc to see the team there.