PDA

View Full Version : Seti - a head's up

LP_
06-24-2006, 08:24 AM
Jose did some checking, and we apparently have 3 teams for XS.

One older one and 2 created this year.
I believe that he's trying to co-ordinate with the creators to merge them in to one team.

When you guys get it figured out, please post which one we are going with so we can all be on the same team. :D

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 08:41 AM
I think i created a team but with 36K+ teams and the different spellings of the "XS" team It's hard to find old teams. But yeah if Jose says what he wants to do about it i'll do it asap. :toast:

Martijn
06-24-2006, 08:43 AM
I think i created a team but with 36K+ teams and the different spellings of the "XS" team It's hard to find old teams. But yeah if Jose says what he wants to do about it i'll do it asap. :toast:

You and the other one in your team should join the team I created, together with LP we have the most points done already, so the loss will be less.

LP_
06-24-2006, 08:50 AM
Actually, if you look at team totals, Melymel's team has the highest.
Sadly, my previous points didn't add to the teams total.
team2 (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=125805)
team3 (http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/team_display.php?teamid=125890)

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 08:56 AM
hmmm i'm confused about how to add the teams together anyone know how?

LP_
06-24-2006, 08:59 AM
hmmm i'm confused about how to add the teams together anyone know how?

I'm not sure we can. Jose was supposed to check on it?
Best thing is to move to the one with the highest team total.

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 09:08 AM
That should be Martijn's team when the stat's catch up with your points LP_, it also has the same name as all the other projects teams. O well i'll wait for Jose to say something. :toast:

LP_
06-24-2006, 09:15 AM
That should be Martijn's team when the stat's catch up with your points LP_, it also has the same name as all the other projects teams. O well i'll wait for Jose to say something. :toast:

No, I don't think so. :confused: I'm only showing one pending, and only 3 new wu's finished.. could have swore it was more.. hmmm..

My old Seti accumulated points won't add to any team totals. Old points don't move to a new team.
Well, too late anyway, I already switched over.

Martijn
06-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Then I'll do the same. What about DC-Vault, cause that is 'my' team ;)

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 09:23 AM
No, I don't think so. :confused: I'm only showing one pending, and only 3 new wu's finished.. could have swore it was more.. hmmm..

My old Seti accumulated points won't add to any team totals. Old points don't move to a new team.
Well, too late anyway, I already switched over.

Maybe the stats have caught up with the user totals but not team totals? :shrug: it definately says you have 3k+ registered for the team when did you join? If you can't move points with you that's annoying :(

LP_
06-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Then I'll do the same. What about DC-Vault, cause that is 'my' team ;)

Yeah, I was thinking about that too Martijn.
How much will switching, mess things up?

I haven't "updated" Seti yet, so I can go to whatever team.. We just need to make a decision.

Jose! get your behind in here and let us know which way will benefit us more.

[XC]melymel
06-24-2006, 09:29 AM
well i'm happy to converge my team with martijn's if possibleas it makes sense to less hastle will be involved , I've never spoken to bobthedinosaur and don't know who he is so if you have to switch members individually someone will have to contact him. The other team has no points for it anymore so we can ignore that one.

Jose
06-24-2006, 09:30 AM
I asked the people at the Vault for instructions on how we can merge our points and teams. Lets wait until they respond and then we do it. I have several wus pending so I dont want to rush and loose them for the team.

Since they are 5 of us involved, Iknow we will do what ever is best for the team so we do not loose any points . The people at the vault ussually take 10-12 hours to answer a question. So lets wait.

Jose
06-24-2006, 09:34 AM

Jose will not tell you a thing :) Jose will report what the people at the Vault say and what he checks re points moving at SETI,. Then the whole team will act in what is best for the team. ( I have all my toes crossed in hopes the solution is an easy one LOL LOL LOL )

LP_
06-24-2006, 09:35 AM
Ok, I just flipped back to Martijn's for the time being. Will wait for instructions. :)

Jose
06-24-2006, 09:57 AM
BTw at least I know why SETI allowed two teams.

In one case the team names was writen as XtremeSystems and in the other it was writen as Xtreme Systems ...so when a person was looking using the exact mach thingie at SETI, he was going to get no match. So that is why the two teams were accepted. The third team was registered as XtremeSystems.org.

BTW the vault name of our team is XtremeSystems (no space between the Xtreme and Systems). So lets see what the vault people say.

Martijn
06-24-2006, 10:30 AM
BTw at least I know why SETI allowed two teams.

In one case the team names was writen as XtremeSystems and in the other it was writen as Xtreme Systems ...so when a person was looking using the exact mach thingie at SETI, he was going to get no match. So that is why the two teams were accepted. The third team was registered as XtremeSystems.org.

BTW the vault name of our team is XtremeSystems (no space between the Xtreme and Systems). So lets see what the vault people say.

I think we should either swap teams @ DC-Vault when we move, or swap teams @ Seti to my team and keep DC-Vault as it is...

Jose
06-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I think we should either swap teams @ DC-Vault when we move, or swap teams @ Seti to my team and keep DC-Vault as it is...

Dont worry we will do whatever gets us the most points and the easiest and I think (I am almost sure ) the second option would be the best. Let see what they say @ vault

lv_dicedealer
06-24-2006, 08:13 PM
Interesting....

I think this brings up an important question.
What should the 'official' team name be for this and all future projects?
XtremeSystems, Xtreme Systems, or something else entirely?

Once we adopt a standard, it will be easy for any member to find the appropiate team to join.

Hassan
06-24-2006, 08:31 PM
XtremeSystems

STEvil
06-24-2006, 10:08 PM
also voting XtremeSystems

[XC]melymel
06-25-2006, 01:14 AM
another vote for XtremeSystems.

lv_dicedealer
06-25-2006, 01:27 AM
Sorry LP_, didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Although 3 members is not a majority, I can see a consensus forming as to what the 'official' DC team name should be and I like it....

Jose
06-25-2006, 02:07 AM
XtremeSystems..with the exception of a vault team that was registered without the caps we are XtremeSystems... Right now the most feared team in the world :)

Jose
06-25-2006, 02:12 AM
Sorry LP_, didnt mean to hijack your thread.

Although 3 members is not a majority, I can see a consensus forming as to what the 'official' DC team name should be and I like it....

Oj dear lord ..he must be sick..highjacks , ot are a tradition here ...so would this section be diferent...

but just in case :slapass: :slapass: :slapass: you are severly reprimanded

:p: Sorry had to do it.. iam giddy

for the first time in eons the air quality in my town was good enough for me not to need supplemental oxygen to sleep..it feels so nice to be able to sleep without the noise of the oxygen concentrator .... I was able to hear the nice pur of the computer fans..... what a beautiful sound

LP_
06-25-2006, 02:25 AM
XtremeSystems :)

Martijn
06-25-2006, 02:33 AM
Ok, that seems very overwhelming... If anyone needs the password of the team I can give it.

LP_
06-25-2006, 10:49 AM
Ok, somehow I ended up being the only one on the team that's registered with the Vault.
I guess I should switch? and the other team needs to be registered?
Help me out here guys. Which one are we going with?

[XC]melymel
06-25-2006, 12:32 PM
I'm confused too I thoguht we were going to Martijn's team because it made more sense :shrug:

Jose
06-25-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm confused too I thoguht we were going to Martijn's team because it made more sense :shrug:

Martijns Team is the one that is at the vault.

[XC]melymel
06-26-2006, 12:50 AM
Ok i'm confused now about wether or not it is possible for me to join XtremeSystems and drag the rest of my team with me as atm I have joined but it only added me and not the whole team like I thought it did :shrug:

Jose
06-26-2006, 02:41 AM
Ok i'm confused now about wether or not it is possible for me to join XtremeSystems and drag the rest of my team with me as atm I have joined but it only added me and not the whole team like I thought it did :shrug:

PM your team members as soon as they move disband that team and then please notify me by PM so we can take appropriate action.

Martijn
06-27-2006, 06:42 AM
OK, we should make this all clear now. I have also moved again to the team XtremeSystems again. Others should do that as well, since that is the team registered at the Vault.